Author Topic: Is he the machine gunner? help needed please  (Read 3691 times)

Offline apwright

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is he the machine gunner? help needed please
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 December 12 12:58 GMT (UK) »
His MM was promulgated in the Supplement to the LG of 23 July 1919:
http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/31469/supplements/9388 (halfway down the righthand column)
The heading for this section (way back on page 9349 - it's a huge list!) says "His Majesty the KING has been graciously pleased to approve of the award of the Military Medal for bravery in the field to the undermentioned Warrant Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Men:"

Adrian

P.S. Ooops, sorry! Mean to post this on your other thread. Will do so forthwith!

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Is he the machine gunner? help needed please COMPLETED.
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 December 12 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi, many thanks to each and every one of you who have taken the time to read this post.
I can now safely assume that William was in the Machine Gun Corps. I have learned that he was even awarded the Military Medal for bravery in the field and this has come as a total surprise to everyone in the family both near and far.
Many thanks again to you all and as always my very best regards.
jess5athome
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline DLRidsdale

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I know this is an old post but I am curious whether you found out any additional information regarding William Isles Ridsdale. It turns out that he is a direct descendant of mine and I am trying to gather any information I can about him and other ancestors.

Regards,

D. Ridsdale.

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi DLRidsdale, I am just about to go out so will be in touch later, I have quite a lot of information regarding William and the Ridsdale family.

William Isles Ridsdale was my Wife's paternal Grandfather  :)

Speak soon.
Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi DLRidsdale, If you make 3 posts on RootsChat you can then send "Private Messages", just make 2 more replies and the ability to send them will kick in, Which Ridsdale family member are you descended from?

Regards always
Frank.