Author Topic: Thomas EVANS CONVICT to AUST  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Gali

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas EVANS CONVICT to AUST
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 December 12 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Yonks Ago ...
Did you decide that this man was 'yours'?
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/AUS-CONVICTS/2009-08/1250233610

If so, it seems to indicate that he was stating his denomination as 'RC' when in Freo gaol ... so might have to take that into account when/if you do get to the stage of looking for any UK birth for him or indeed a marriage for his parents. 

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 December 12 09:26 GMT (UK) »
If he was Roman Catholic - that would probably rule out the records I have posted - but keep a note of them in case they pop up in any later research
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 December 12 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Gali and Allan, thank you so much Yes Allan will keep all on what you have sent through.
Gali I'm almost certain that he is my "Man" by the records noting that he had a long forhead and tall and thin.
Yes will keep that in mind if I do go down that track in getting certificates but I would like to maybe find him with out [ being not my rellie ]

Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline Gali

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 December 12 09:42 GMT (UK) »
By the way ... from where was the 'John Evans' next of kin and his address' Elizabeth Street, Manchester' taken? 

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 December 12 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Gali,

From the Western Australian Convict Registers held at the State Records Office.

Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline Gali

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 December 12 09:59 GMT (UK) »
So dated sometime between 1866, when he arrived, and 1873, when he was freed?  Just wondering whether to start looking in 1871 census although am presuming that will have 'the curse of the common forename and surname' against us ...

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 December 12 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Gali,

Australia do not 'keep' census records...I do have a lot on him from 1866 to 1928 when he died. The W.A. Convict Registers note all that they have until the are freed...
Yonks Ago

Offline Gali

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 December 12 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Sorry ... I meant looking for a John Evans on 1871 English census ...

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 07 December 12 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Gali,

I have been looking for John..only been looking all day long and can't see the wood for the trees I think. Will look again after as with a lot more now on him.

What would ???bler Manchester be? not knowing the U.K. i get rather lost.
Also Stratford Road where would that be?
I have sent of an e-mail to Warwickshire office.

Yonks Ago