Author Topic: Thomas Blakemore 1800 Darlaston  (Read 4487 times)

Offline nuttall65

• RootsChat Member
  • This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nati
    • View Profile
Thomas Blakemore 1800 Darlaston
« on: Sunday 09 December 12 17:22 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to link Thomas Blakemore born 1800 in darlaston to his parents. He moved north to Atherton in lancashire and i am struggling to find his parents, any suggestions.
Paul Nuttall :-\
blakemore,nuttall,shaw, martin,green, turner, Dunn, Laithwaite,Bowling, platt, ashworth

This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Blakemore 1800 Darlaston
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 December 12 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Familysearch have numerous Thomas Blakemore results, this is the closest to your DOB

Thomas Blakemore bp. 23 March 1800 St Lawrence,  Darlaston nr. Wolverhampton Staffs. Parents~ Thomas Blakemore and Jane.

claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dlanor

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 March 13 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Did Thomas Blakemore get married in Atherton as a widower? I have Thomas first moving from Darleston and marrying in Liverpool and having a son named Thomas abt 1920/21. His wife died shortly afterwards or at child birth and then Thomas moved to Atherton to marry again. Some of this is conjecture as I believe he had a brother William who stayed in Liverpool and was a Nailer. William's eldest daughter was Jane possibly after his mother. I need to supply you with evidence which I will do but as yet interested in your thoughts. (*)

Kind regards

Ron

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 March 13 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning
Other children for Thomas and Jane from Familysearch and Free reg.
Sarah 25.12.1795,Elizabeth 8.5.1810 bap 28.2.1813 died 2.6.1823 and Sarah 28.3.1813-24.4.1824,Marianne 25.2.1816-5.3.1818 ,Mary 21.1.1822 and John 1.12.1822.
Thomas was a set maker from Darlaston Green.
Ancestry has a tree for him ,married to a Jane Turner born 1768 and going back to a Humphrey Blakemore in 1520.Not checked it all out but Blakemore is a name local to that area.
Ciderdrinker

Offline Jennifer Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 February 15 16:45 GMT (UK) »
I am a new member and saw these posts in my search for information. Thomas Blakemore did indeed move to Atherton from Staffordshire. I cannot find another Thomas B. born in 1800 so am presuming this is the same man but have no actual verification. His first wife was Jane and they had a son, Thomas. He later married Hannah Green, née Eckersley. I would be grateful if anyone can verify Jane's surname.
Jenny D

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 February 15 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Good Afternoon
Yes it looks like Thomas Blakemore born 1800 Darlaston married at St Nicholas Liverpool
Thomas Blakemore of Liverpool sail maker and Jane Willetts
witnesses William Walker? Edward Coventry.

His parents Thomas Blakemore Senior and Jane turner married at Darlaston 1.3.1795.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Jennifer Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 February 15 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Ciderdrinker! But, now I am more confused as Thomas, my great great grandfather was the first maker of screw bolts in Atherton in 1843.
Jenny D

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 February 15 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jennifer
You're right and I made I right mess of this.
I've been back and double checked because of course a sail maker doesn't turn into a nut and bolt maker.
It is the right marriage but checking with Lancashire online clerks transcripts ,rather than just looking at the original,they have my sail maker as Nail maker which does make more sense.
I'd also like to come clean that Jane Willetts was a widow who made her mark as did Thomas.
So I wasn't doing very well at all .My only excuse is that the image wouldn't load properly and was a bit fuzzy around the edges.

Their son as you probably know was born Thomas Blakemore 11.9.1820 baptised at Leigh 22.3.1829 ,abode Atherton and Thomas is now a White smith.That's from Lancashire opc .

Burial for Jane Blackmoor 11 Jul 1830 Chowbent Chapel, Atherton, age 41.So born 1789.

Tried to find a previous marriage for Jane but only one I can see is at St Nicholas Liverpool 22.3.1802
James Willetts gunsmith of Liverpool and Jane Allen spinster witnesses Edward Coventry and John Hughes. James signs and Jane makes her mark.

Sorry again

Ciderdrinker

Offline Jennifer Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 17 February 15 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ciderdrinker. I really appreciate that. I was doubting I had Thomas's correct first wife. I understand how simple mistakes are made with the handwriting and splodges!
Thanks again.
Jenny D