Author Topic: Clachan Duich Burial Ground Loch Duich Kintail  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Alexj

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clachan Duich Burial Ground Loch Duich Kintail
« on: Tuesday 11 December 12 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Does anybody know where the records of this burial ground are held. Portree Tech services hold records from 1900 but i need 1897.

My grt,Grt Grandmother Mary Wink nee McRae died on 7/11/1897 in Bundalloch Dornie Kintail and i feel she would have been buried at Clachan Duich but i cannot confirm this.
Her daughter and husband and grandchildren are all buried there, There is even a family gravestone with 2 of her grandchildren on from 1897 and her daughter and husband but no mention on the gravestone of her.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Could she be in the lair without being mentioned on the headstone

Regards

John Prescott

Offline alanbraveheart

• RootsChat Extra
  • 'Old Ronald and Dog' knoydart
    • View Profile
Re: Clachan Duich Burial Ground Loch Duich Kintail
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 January 17 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I have been trying to find out any information on Macraes from Dornie, in particular a Duncan and Mary Macrae from Dornie, i think Mary was originally from crianlarich, Mary was also a daughter of a Gamekeeper, Duncan and Mary had, they moved to Roshven in Moidart and had Five children, Donald,Dougie,Katie,Farquhar, and peggy these children became famously known as 'The Roshven Ceilidh Band' and sometimes known as 'The Lochailort Fiddlers' between the 50s and 70s, i would be very grateful of any Help, Kind Regards, Alan.

Offline Alexj

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 January 17 19:11 GMT (UK) »
I hope you find what you are looking for. My ancestors are Macrae's and as I found nearly everyone in Dornie was a Macrae.

It was very difficult 

Offline alanbraveheart

• RootsChat Extra
  • 'Old Ronald and Dog' knoydart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 17 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alexj, Thank you for your reply, i will let you know if i find more information, yes Dornie certainly has many Macrae Families :) 

Alan.