Author Topic: South Australian lookup offers  (Read 61465 times)

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: South Australian lookup offers
« Reply #108 on: Friday 28 October 05 12:00 BST (UK) »
Shanko

Thankyou for your effort today I hope they don't prove too hard to find

Cazay
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Saturday 29 October 05 11:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Shanko,

I am searching for the arrival in Australia of my great-grandfather, William Justin Beauchamp Cameron.  Family records say that he arrived in Australia from Ireland as a fourteen year old boy.  I am only aware of him living in Queensland, but have searched all eastern State indexes without success.  However, his death certificate (for which the informant was his daughter) states that he had spent "70 years in South Australia and Queensland".

I am therefore wondering if he may have arrived in SA and worked there briefly before making his way to Queensland.

If you could check the arrivals information that you have for 1859 (and maybe a year or so either side), I would be extremely grateful!!

Thank you,

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Hinuera2001

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Sunday 06 November 05 08:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thank you very much for your kind offer.  I hope you can help me out.  I am looking for details on the following so I can purchase some death/marriage certs.

John Sampson who died around 1889 Myponga, SA.  Born 1820
Elizabeth Mary Sampson died 1863 Yankalilla, SA.  Born 1822
William Walter Sampson died after 1847.  Wife was Elizabeth Burpitt and he was born in 1824 in Dorset.
Alexander Sampson who died 1901 Lower Mitcham, SA.  Born 1827
Robert Sampson who was born in 1830 at Dorset and married Diana Rolls in 1854.  She died between 1901-1903.  I would like to find his death. 
Susan Ann Sampson died 1923 Yankalilla, SA.  Married a John Dufty 1858.  She was born 1838
Emma Sampson died 1933 Yankalilla, SA. She was born 1845.

Any help to find details on these family members would be greatly appreciated.

Irene

Offline Nerja

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shanko,
I am trying to trace ancestors of mine who went to Australia between 1903 and 1913.  I'm not sure if they stayed or returned to the UK, but their daughter, DORY BACON, was born 1918, in Richmond, Victoria.  They were,
FRANCES ERNEST BACON & ELIZABETH BACON ( nee HEADFORD ) both of Bridgwater Somerset.                                                                                         Any information
You could find would be very much appreciated.
Regards,
Ian.
Headford.. Bridgwater,Somerset,Salford,Cardiff.
Street.. Warrington, Salford, Kendal, Sale, Cheshire.
Tyson.. Kendal, Westmorland.
Troughton.. Kendal, Westmorland.
White.. Bridgwater.
Bridge.. South Petherton, Somerset.
Baker.. Colyton, Devon.

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Thursday 17 November 05 03:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shanko,
                  You must be the hardest worked researcher in the land so please excuse me if I am jumping the gun.
I initially sent in a request on the 23 August this year trying the operative word is trying! to find a families arrival, I am researching this family on behalf of my grandchildren, their father a Gillard having passed away, in case the message was lost I will repeat it. Regarding a Samuel Gillard born 1822 and his wife Margaret born 1828 both in Cornwall. A child Ann was baptized 11 May 1846 in Cornwall, the next child Elizabeth was born in Adelaide 21 Jun 1848 another child John was also born in Adelaide 15 Jan 1852, the family then went to try their luck in the Victorian goldfields it seems without a lot of luck!   I have yet to find their arrival in Australia, the birth of Elizabeth would suggest South Australia, I guess the surname could be slightly changed  I have come across it as Gaillard in the registers in Cornwall, Any assistance or suggestions most gratefully received.
Thank you Dennis
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Shanko

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Thursday 17 November 05 06:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thank you very much for your kind offer.  I hope you can help me out.  I am looking for details on the following so I can purchase some death/marriage certs.

John Sampson who died around 1889 Myponga, SA.  Born 1820
Elizabeth Mary Sampson died 1863 Yankalilla, SA.  Born 1822
William Walter Sampson died after 1847.  Wife was Elizabeth Burpitt and he was born in 1824 in Dorset.
Alexander Sampson who died 1901 Lower Mitcham, SA.  Born 1827
Robert Sampson who was born in 1830 at Dorset and married Diana Rolls in 1854.  She died between 1901-1903.  I would like to find his death. 
Susan Ann Sampson died 1923 Yankalilla, SA.  Married a John Dufty 1858.  She was born 1838
Emma Sampson died 1933 Yankalilla, SA. She was born 1845.

Any help to find details on these family members would be greatly appreciated.

Irene
Irene

I have found the following for you.

John SAMPSON died 5/9/1890
Age 69 and is Married
Relative: Peter Hunt (SL=Son in Law)
Residence: Myponga
Death Place: Myponga
District code: Yan (Yankalilla)
Book: 188, Page: 218

---------------------------
Alexander SAMPSON died 8/7/1901
Age 74
Married: N
Relative: Not recorded
Residence: Lower Mitcham
Death Place: Lower Mitcham
District code: Adelaide
Book: 278, Page: 367

---------------------------
Susan Ann SAMPSON
Married: John DUFFY
Date: 12/8/1858
Grooms age: 24
Brides age: 21
Brides father: John SAMPSON
Grooms father: William DUFFY
Place: Wesleyan Chapel Harcourt Yankalilla
Disctrict: Yankalilla
Book: 35, Page: 403

----------------------------------

The others I havent yet found

Shanko

Offline Shanko

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Thursday 17 November 05 06:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shanko,
I am trying to trace ancestors of mine who went to Australia between 1903 and 1913.  I'm not sure if they stayed or returned to the UK, but their daughter, DORY BACON, was born 1918, in Richmond, Victoria.  They were,
FRANCES ERNEST BACON & ELIZABETH BACON ( nee HEADFORD ) both of Bridgwater Somerset.                                                                                         Any information
You could find would be very much appreciated.
Regards,
Ian.

Ian
Since a child was born in Victoria you might want to start there first before going into other states
I do not do Victoria lookups sorry

Shanko

Offline Sandersline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Friday 18 November 05 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Dear Shanko

I have since found out that my ancestor, Charles Hill arrived in South Australia, Port Adelaide from England after 1854 so I was wondering if it is possible to check his shipping records.  He arrived with his wife, Mary Ann Hill.  His first son, Frederic was born in 1856 in South Australia.

Also, I wish to find out the shipping records for a John Davey who also came out to Australia from Cornwall after 1854.  He came out with his wife, Elizabeth.

Thank you kindly.

Heidi
Sanders in Staffordshire/Farmer/Gallier, Gallear, Callear in Shropshire/ Waltho in Armitage area/ Matthews from Staffordshire and Shropshire/Buck from Burton Upon Trent/Handley in Staffordshire/Histon in Shropshire

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Friday 18 November 05 05:49 GMT (UK) »
Shanko

Regarding my previous posts about James and Mary McNicol to South Australia.  Today I received the birth certificate of their son, William Grasmere McNicol who was born "at sea" on 6 August 1852.  The birth was registered on 6 October 1852 which I presume would have been around the time when the ship arrived in Port Adelaide. The name of the ship is written on the birth certificate but is almost unreadable, the last three letters appear to be ina. 

I hope this will help to narrow the search down for you.

Thankyou
Cazay

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis