Author Topic: Hayes of Murroe  (Read 5468 times)

Offline jayinm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hayes of Murroe
« on: Wednesday 12 December 12 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, anybody out there related to Hayes families from Murroe that i haven t come across already?? Particularly the Hayes s of Cappanuke?
Regards
James
Hayes,Grimes,McGuire,Fitzgerald,Hartnedy,Moore,Gleeson,Murroe,Coonagh,Clooncunna South,Cloghnadromin.

Offline mikehayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hayes of Murroe
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 17:47 BST (UK) »
hi there, i am a grandson of patsy hayes of ballyguy/ madaboy area, he had 12 children, 6 sons and 6 daughters,mae, hanora, kathy bridget, nellie,winnie... sons.. john, patrick. william, dennis, kevin, and andrew who was the youngest and who was my father.i dont know if that is of any help to you.

Offline jayinm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike its good to hear from you! Do you know anything of your family tree beyond your grandfather? I m trying to link up with Hayes s that may be related through siblings from the early 1800s. My great great grandfather was John Hayes who was residing in Murroe village about 1830s and married a Mary Hartnedy in 1833 (not the famous Mary From Murroe). My Great Grandfather was John Hayes too born in 1847 had a brother James and sisters Mary, Bridget and Catherine and married Ellen Fitzgerald from Rath in 1872. Ellen and John moved the short distance to Cappanuke where their last child Larry Hayes was born in 1895 he was my grandfather and my mothers father. I m sure all the Hayes families in Murroe are linked from way back what do you think? My John Hayes from the 1830s surely had brothers with families and so on?
Incidentally I lived in Ballyguy for a couple of years too!
Are you in Ireland? I m in Limerick.
Regards
James
Hayes,Grimes,McGuire,Fitzgerald,Hartnedy,Moore,Gleeson,Murroe,Coonagh,Clooncunna South,Cloghnadromin.

Offline mikehayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 June 13 11:52 BST (UK) »
hi james
i am living in county limerick, i moved from kishikirk to patrickswell in 1990. the hayes family would have connections to the flynns and carberrys from cappamore. i think my fathers mother was flynn.
what i do know is that my grandfather patrick [patsy] hayes worked in the quarry breaking rocks into what were known as spawls, which were then used on the roads. he manually broke them with a hammer until the introduction of machinery, it is possible that he lost his job after that, i dont know that for sure.Two of his daughters, mae and nora emigrated to america around 1929 and both married irish men in america. I know that noras son dennis sullivan is still alive today and is a bishop in or around yonkers in new york.all All but one of my grandfathers offspring are deceased, the only one alive today is kevin,[my uncle] who will be 90 years old on the 3rd of october this year.

Offline jayinm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 June 13 23:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all that info Mike, I m not familiar with your family of Hayes s but its all part of the big puzzle and good to have some new lines to work on! Do you know if your Hayes s are buried in Abington cemetery?
Regards
James

Offline andyhayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

My Great Great Grand Father is a John Hayes, born Limerick 1830 with a brother Cornelius born 1832. I believe his Father John also born Limerick in 1810(ish)

Both John Jnr and Cornelius turn up in Whitby (Yorkshire) around 1861 however i am struggling to find out anything with regards to where in Limerick they hail from and further ancestors within Ireland.

Any help or point me in the right direction would be fantastic.

Andy

Online ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 14:38 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at www.rootsireland.ie (pay site) for baptisms/marriages Co limerick :)
Hi

My Great Great Grand Father is a John Hayes, born Limerick 1830 with a brother Cornelius born 1832. I believe his Father John also born Limerick in 1810(ish)

Both John Jnr and Cornelius turn up in Whitby (Yorkshire) around 1861 however i am struggling to find out anything with regards to where in Limerick they hail from and further ancestors within Ireland.

Any help or point me in the right direction would be fantastic.

Andy

Offline andyhayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 June 13 11:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks I will take a look to see what I can find out.

It's been a complete surprise to all family members that we have links to Ireland. My great grand Father died at sea in 1916 and it would seen a lot of family history went too.

If anybody can help it would be appreciated I am a complete novice and clueless when it comes to Irish history. it appears that the Hayes family left Ireland for Whitby however when is a mystery.