Author Topic: Frederick GALLMAN  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Gali

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Gallman
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 December 12 19:38 GMT (UK) »

Re him living with another family, you might find this article 'care for dependent children in SA', and excerpt, interesting:

"The children could be boarded-out with subsidy (up to five shillings  a week)  to foster parents;  they could be adopted,  they could be placed without  subsidy;  they could be licensed  for service if over twelve years of age; placed  with relatives, including  parents,  or apprenticed to a trade"
http://www.sahistorians.org.au/175/bm.doc/children-1888.pdf

Best of luck with your search, it would be great to hear if you do make any progress

Offline wearethemods80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 December 12 08:01 GMT (UK) »
My mum thinks he lived with a family called 'Chapman' somewhere on the Yorke Peninsula. So it is likely he was adopted or in foster care with them.
I have asked another one of my uncles if he has any extra information. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks

Offline jhoneywil

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 January 13 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Is it possible that Frederick Gallman (as Married to Edith Rebecca Gray) lived with Amos & Anne Honeywill?

They share a family grave in Magill Cemetry (Plot 597 section B) and the dates seem to match....I have a photo of the plot / headstones.

I'm a distant relative of Amos who was born in Devon (England)

Jeremy

Offline Mcsqueel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick GALLMAN
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 September 16 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hiya,
In my thirties and finally getting around to my family tree. Had a bit of a search for my Great Grandpop and this came up.
INSANITY. The info you've all shared made things simpler for me. Thank you people.
Original poster, your Grandfather was my Great Grandpop's (Arthur Vernon) elder brother by a year. He only passed away 2005, so we all knew him very well.
If you're still looking for info, let me know and I'll ask my Grandmother or Uncle.
Thanks again everyone.

Offline wearethemods80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick GALLMAN
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 September 17 00:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

Any news on the Gallmans would be great. Have many family members searching for any news. Some have passed away while trying, so hope I can find any missing links (good or bad). Have found one or two secrets recently. Any news of Frederick Gallman (married Edith Rebecca Gray) would be great if you have any.

Thanks