Author Topic: William Jeffery & family  (Read 7513 times)

Offline Muffin41

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Jeffery & family
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 21 June 17 14:23 BST (UK) »
Just in case one of you does not have this information. :D

Gabriel Francis Masters Jeffery baptism 8 Nov 1834 St Mary, Cerne Abbas, Dorset.

His marriages 1) Emma Bullock 2q 1856 West Ham 4a 7 – Essex _ she was born 1839 in or near Rochford Essex.
           2) Eliza Fletcher 19 Sep 1878 St Leodegarius, Basford, Nottinghamshire. She was born 1q 1839 Basford 15 422.

Son of first marriage = Frank William John Jeffery born 4q 1859 London City 1c 83. Died 1q 1914 Cardiff 11a 406

Muffin41
Pow in Bath Somerset, Essex, Middlesex, Lancashire, Surrey, Australia, New Zealand and USA
Bailey, Hare, in Bath & Taunton Somerset
Nash in Seend Wiltshire, Bath Somerset
Snook in Middlesex, Leicestershire, Surrey, Berkshire, Portugal and Canada
Billinghurst, Furlonger, Hoare, Huntingford, Tilbury, Webb in Surrey

Offline Arwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 21 June 17 14:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith and Muffin41!

Thanks! Muffin41 for the information about Frank William John Jeffery! That helps me allot.

Keith so we are distant cousins  :)

Offline keithj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 22 June 17 01:21 BST (UK) »
Just in case one of you does not have this information. :D

Gabriel Francis Masters Jeffery baptism 8 Nov 1834 St Mary, Cerne Abbas, Dorset.

His marriages 1) Emma Bullock 2q 1856 West Ham 4a 7 – Essex _ she was born 1839 in or near Rochford Essex.
           2) Eliza Fletcher 19 Sep 1878 St Leodegarius, Basford, Nottinghamshire. She was born 1q 1839 Basford 15 422.

Son of first marriage = Frank William John Jeffery born 4q 1859 London City 1c 83. Died 1q 1914 Cardiff 11a 406

Muffin41

I've just located the marriage between Gabriel Francis Jeffery and Emma Bullock.
West Ham All Saints, he is 22, she is 24. Date is 24 April 1856.

See attached.

Keith

Offline keithj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 22 June 17 06:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith and Muffin41!

Thanks! Muffin41 for the information about Frank William John Jeffery! That helps me allot.

Keith so we are distant cousins  :)

Yep, we surely are.... there's also one in the UK that I'm in contact with. I'll talk to him and see if he wants to communicate with you......

And so to information...

Emma Bullock was baptised 28 Aug 1831, St Mary's Lambeth London. Father is Thomas, a baker by occupation, mother is Martha. Sometime between then and 1851 they moved to West Ham Essex where, according to the 1851 census, the family lived at 1 & 2 Waterworks Road. Thomas is still a baker in 1851 although the marriage entry for Emma says that he was a Corn Merchant. Martha is missing in the 1851 census... dead? visiting?

The 1851 census provided most of the information needed.

Keith
Keith

Offline Arwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 22 June 17 19:22 BST (UK) »
Keith you did a good job on the Essex marriage papers, a big thanks.

On the picture is Leendert (the man on the right), the presumed son of Frank W. J. Jeffery, my mother's grandfather. just after WOII.

Leendert died young only 55 years old, (F.W.J Jeffery was also around that age when he died).
It is known in the family that there is a heart condition, all his children, including my nanny died of heart failure. Is this a known condition in the Jeffery family?

Arwin