Author Topic: hanford and clarissa dickinson  (Read 7159 times)

Offline edesearch

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: hanford and clarissa dickinson
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana

The letters were tnuhelyl

kind regards
Edesearch

Offline edesearch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 04 May 13 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana

I have sent you my email, just check your personal messages.

Kind regards
Edesearch

Offline edesearch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 June 13 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone

I just wanted to see if any body could help me find some more info on Hanford/Hadford Dickinson,preferably the names of is parents and the location of his birth.I know he was born in 1811 and died in 1851 Orleans county,New York. at the time he was married to Clarissa Delia Dickinson,maiden name Tyler.Their children were Abel,Alonzo,Tyler and Melissa.I believe they might have spent some time in Michigan,Clarissa moved there after his death.The spelling of his first name seems to vary from Hanford,Hadford and Handford.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Edesearch

Topics on same people merged.  Please keep everything in one thread to prevent duplication of effort. ~moderator

Offline Spencem

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 27 January 14 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
Abel Dickinson was my great great grandfather. Eugene was his son and settled in Opua, New Zealand.

Offline edesearch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 30 January 14 03:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Spencem

Hows it going,sorry its taken me a few days to get back to you,I just noticed your message.Have you managed to get much info on the family?.All the info i have is pretty much on here.

Kind regards
Edesearch

Offline Paul Gifford

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 06 November 15 02:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi:

I'm in the U.S., a cousin, and can help.  I just learned of Abel and I would like to get the names of his children.

His father, as you know, was Hadford or Hanford (maybe "Handford" is correct).  His probable parents were William Dickinson (b. 28 Dec. 1782 Canaan, NY, d. 15 Oct. 1868 Augusta Township, Washtenaw County, Michigan) and Phebe ---- (b. 25 Dec. 1787 NY, d. 13 Aug. 1880 Augusta Twp., Washtenaw Co., MI).  William was in the Town of Murray, Orleans County, NY, as early as 1810 and was the only Dickinson in the area, so I assume they were Hadford's parents.  There is a William Handford Dickinson born in NZ to Abel and Elizabeth in 1869.

My ancestor was Hezekiah Dickinson (1778-1853), brother of William.  William's nephews, the Pratt brothers (Parley Pratt, Orson Pratt, etc.) were early Mormon leaders and polygamists, so there are thousands of descendants, and lots of info online.  But beware----much is incorrect.  I'm one of the few who has been actively researching this for years.

The immigrant ancestor was Charles Dickinson (c.1658-1740), who settled in Rhode Island in the 1690s.  Contact me for more details.

Paul Gifford

Offline edesearch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 November 17 07:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on rootschat for a while so I only just saw your reply.

This is a big help, thank you. I haven't been able to find any info on the Dickinson's beyond Handford so this should keep me busy.

Abel fathered many children, the ones I know of are:
ELIZA DICKINSON 1866-1930
WILLIAM ABEL DICKINSON 1866-1951
ALONZO DICKINSON 1868-???
HANDFORD DICKINSON 1870-???
GRACE DICKINSON 1872-???
CHARLES DICKINSON 1874-???
AGNES DICKINSON 1876-??? (my great great grandmother)
ALLAN DICKINSON 1879-???
DELIA CLARISSA DICKINSON 1881-1933
GEORGE DICKINSON 1883-???
FRANK DICKINSON 1884-???
EUGENE DICKINSON 1885-1981
BERTIE DICKINSON 1887-???

I only just came across this info myself, so I am still trying to confirm dates. Anyway, let me know if you have more questions, I'm happy to help.

Cheers
Lyle

Offline edesearch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble and was wondering whether someone would kindly help me out.

Paul suggested that Hanford/Hadford/Handford is potentially the son of William and Phebe Dickinson?

I have unfortunately exhausted my limited resources and am yet to confirm this connection. If anyone could possibly do what I could not it would be of great help.

Cheers  :)

Offline Anna Maria Rago Christiansen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 12 October 19 02:11 BST (UK) »
Diana, I would love to connect with you. I am also related to Elizabeth through Edward. My grandmother was his daughter Peti (likely named after her grandmother).

Hi Edesearch,

I think that makes us 3rd or 4th cousins once removed. Kicking myself for not taking down your email address before it was removed. I will do a few more posts, if I can figure out what I am doing ! and then we should be ok.
I am related to Elizabeth through her eldest son Edward Vanarsdale, my Great-great Grandfather.

cheers
Diana