Author Topic: Your New RootsChat is here  (Read 66542 times)

Online lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Your New RootsChat is here
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the hard work to maintain the forum.

I'm finding the 'new' hard work to read - the red subject titles stand out less than the name of the poster and the font is squashed up. When reading a thread, the members interests are too prominent and get in the way, in addition there is a lot of clutter between and around the posts.  Hard to follow a thread with so much distraction.

I also can't seem to type or view in a 'regular' sized font, this is typing and reading in large print, whereas I had no trouble with the previous set up.

This is going to sound like a moan, but is intended as feedback.  I enjoy reading threads on rootschat, but can't see this new version as being so enjoyable, sorry.

Lisa

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:31 GMT (UK) »
To see if you have new replies to your topic...click forum and its there on the right side. Took me a bit to find it too.

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Annie, see replies #62, #63

The button on the right is only for new replies on that particular board :)

regards,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline davidrigg3

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Researching for my partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:33 GMT (UK) »
To find your posts, Click on the "Profile button" at the top of the site, and under your profile picture you will see your posts.

Nope still can't see it?
Get the opportunity to edit all the various aspects of my profile but no link to 'My previous posts'
Rigg/Scholfield - Oldham/Rochdale
Hibbert/Moore - Hayfield/Saddleworth
Garstang/Kirby - Littleborough/Todmorden
Sutcliffe/Hill - Todmorden/Walsden
Young/Stevenson/Newbutt - Ticknall/Kegworth/Nutall/Hucknall/Bulwell
Woolley/Potter, Gaze/Parkins - Kegworth/Normanton-on-Soar/Wheathampstead/Harpenden
Smith/Green - Offley/Flamstead

Online lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:34 GMT (UK) »
I was just looking around some more, clicked on Worcestershire look up requests and that section still showed in the old format - just so much clearer, to see what was asked and how many replies, the layout and everything so much clearer.

Lisa

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:35 GMT (UK) »
What some of you is describing as grey boarders is a background, this helps when presenting the website on all the different devices people are using.

OK, bit disconcerting on a laptop or PC though.  Is it possible to make it less obtrusive, maybe a paler grey.  This is what I'm seeing at the moment on each side of the webpage.  Hope it loads OK, I'm have real trouble with my broadband today, it's not my laptop, I checked on OH's PC and it's the same there.

And another problem, I got the usual message about another reply being posted, and that I may wish to review my post.  Normally, I would just scroll down, read the new posts and if my reply was still relevant post it.  When I tried to do that just now, I found that my attachment had disappeared, so I had to re-attach, only then to get a message telling me there was already an attachment of that name, so I had to re-name it. 

I'm assuming these are all just "hiccups" which will be sorted out.

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:36 GMT (UK) »
This is awful I have no idea what I'm doing and can't find anything. Where is the new replies button that used to be at the top of the board? I'm in a total panic. Nothing is where it used to be >:( :'(

Jan ;)

You will see the "replies" button up on the top left.  Everything is still there.

Karen

I will calm down eventually but I find change very hard to deal with. I know Trystan has put in a lot of hard work but so many changes at once is very hard for my poor brain :(

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Can i first say thankyou for all the hard work on updating the Website ..
But can i say that am not over Keen on the new website i Just find it a Bit Fussy and Cramped .. Maybe its because i suffer with bad eyesite and things that are cramped give me headaches ... am sure i will get used it in time
and again thankyou for your hard work

Regards

Iria
Harold Liverpool and Warwickshire
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool
Lister/Lester Liverpool and Cambridgeshire
Norris Liverpool and Ireland

Census Information is Crown Copyright From:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Threads that the user has posted in are no longer visible?
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull