Author Topic: PEAKE - Davenport/Astbury  (Read 7281 times)

Offline goff153

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
PEAKE - Davenport/Astbury
« on: Wednesday 01 June 05 23:58 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching the Peake family of Davenport?  Eventually relocated to Quarndon, Derbyshire.

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: PEAKE - Davenport/Astbury
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 June 05 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
    Is there is a specific lookup your needing ? I may be able to help with pre 1861 census info.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 February 08 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Dear Godfrey
I know your message is from 2005 about the Peake family of Davenport.  I have just started researching this family (George and Mary Newton Peake) and I would love to communicate with you about them.  I have found them in the British Census.  But I haven't looked into church records. 
Let me know if we could share information.
Alane

Offline nettiec

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 15:44 GMT (UK) »
I have recently started researching the Peake family from Davenport, Cheshire.
George Peake born 1797 married to Mary Newton, was my 2nd great grandfather. Their son
Henry G, born 1833, married to Louisa Sadler, from Quarndon was my great grandfather. Their son
Albert, born 1871, married to Lilian Alice Bant, my grandfather and their son Raymond born, 1912
married to Eileen Mary Hopkinson, my Dad.

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 00:39 GMT (UK) »
I have done lots of work on this line and the entire family of George Peake and Mary Newton, at least the downline.  If you want to communicate with me I would love to share the information that I have.
Alane

Offline nettiec

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 November 10 14:12 GMT (UK) »
I have done lots of work on this line and the entire family of George Peake and Mary Newton, at least the downline.  If you want to communicate with me I would love to share the information that I have.
Alane
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, do you have any information on George Peake's parents? I have found
a Joseph peake, born 1752 married to Frances Birtles, born 1754, both from Davenport but not sure
if these are the correct people.   What is your relationship to this family?
Nettiec

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 November 10 17:32 GMT (UK) »
I just looked in my Peake file and you do have the correct parents,  Joseph Peake and Frances Birtles.  I have a family tree that I would be happy to send to you if you would like.  It also has George Peake's grandfather and children.  I have lots of other info also.  I am related to the family through George and Mary daughter Fanny Peake who married Peter Vawdrey.  If you would like to communicate privately about this contact me through my messages and I'll give you my email address.
Alane

Offline nettiec

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 May 12 15:07 BST (UK) »
Alane
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, do you have any information on George Peake's parents? I have found
a Joseph peake, born 1752 married to Frances Birtles, born 1754, both from Davenport but not sure
if these are the correct people.   What is your relationship to this family?
Nettiec

Offline goff153

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 21 May 12 10:32 BST (UK) »
I haven't managed to track down George's parents yet but I have a photograph of his grave stone in Astbury (the Parish in which Davenport lies).  It's a curious double affair and the adjoining stone is for Rachel Birtles, daughter of John and Rachel Birtles who died in 1727.  I haven't yet managed to get my head around whether this helps or not.  I'd be happy to send you a copy if you are interested.  George Peake is my great great grandfather on my mother's side.  His sixth child was Henry Peake whose youngest daughter Louisa was my mother's mother.  My email address is godfrey.eland "at" gmail.com.  Regards,  Godfrey

Alane - we corresponded on this some time ago - do you remember?