Author Topic: Anyone going to Shropshire RO or have access to Worthen parish records?  (Read 12316 times)

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone going to Shropshire RO or have access to Worthen parish records?
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 25 April 15 16:14 BST (UK) »
Richard Jones
England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
christening:   7 July 1816   RUYTON OF THE ELEVEN TOWNS, SHROPSHIRE, ENGLAND   
father:   John Jones
mother:   Jane
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 26 April 15 09:11 BST (UK) »
If only, Alberbury!

That family (Richard and Jane Jones from Baschurch) was my original line of enquiry, and I believed them to be my family. However, after getting in touch with a genuine descendant of theirs, I was shown pretty compelling evidence that I was on the wrong lines. If you have the patience for it, here is the story:   
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01f7j/

At the moment, Edward Jones born 1845,probably in Ruyton XI towns and his wife Jane from Worthen are the furthest I can trace this (my main paternal line).

I'm extremely grateful for your continued interest and help in this search, and am working through the names in the Melocki link that you sent me, in the hope that Edwards family were also from the Ruyton area.
I'm conscious that I have several old threads about this family now, some of them containing wrong information, so I really hope you don't feel frustrated with these Shropshire Joneses!

Mike

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 20:04 BST (UK) »
Going through some family history folders I found a leaflet from Shropshire Archives, the front page has an image from the Loppington directory. In the Noneley section contains a Jones John, farmer, The Shaws.
I have no date, but it is down the road, possible census searching might give some clues to a connection.

I checked the Shropshire Archives website, looking for John Jones, but found this below.

http://search.shropshirehistory.org.uk/collections/getrecord/CCA_XSC_2_5/

Date: 1919
Description: Lot 1: Burlton Farm, 170 acres, 5 bedroom house and farm buildings plus cottage with garden and piggery, tenant Mr Samuel Jones, rent 231 p.a.
Lot2: Burlton Mill Farm, 159 acres, 7 bedroom farmhouse and farm buildings, 2 cottages with garden and piggery, tenant Mr Edwin Jones, rent 235 p.a.

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 09 October 15 08:36 BST (UK) »
Going through some family history folders I found a leaflet from Shropshire Archives, the front page has an image from the Loppington directory. In the Noneley section contains a Jones John, farmer, The Shaws.
I have no date, but it is down the road, possible census searching might give some clues to a connection.

I checked the Shropshire Archives website, looking for John Jones, but found this below.

http://search.shropshirehistory.org.uk/collections/getrecord/CCA_XSC_2_5/

Date: 1919
Description: Lot 1: Burlton Farm, 170 acres, 5 bedroom house and farm buildings plus cottage with garden and piggery, tenant Mr Samuel Jones, rent 231 p.a.
Lot2: Burlton Mill Farm, 159 acres, 7 bedroom farmhouse and farm buildings, 2 cottages with garden and piggery, tenant Mr Edwin Jones, rent 235 p.a.

Thanks again, Alberbury.  I'll check out the Nonely link when I'm back up and running (I've just moved house and everything is still upside down). Samuel Jones may also be worth tracing further back - I know he wasn't closely related, but you never know whether there's a link further back.

Regards

Mike

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 09 October 15 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,

Just noticed this thread.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=732580.msg5776742

Electoral Registers on Find my Past. Not sure if Shropshire is covered yet, but only a matter of time.

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington