Author Topic: My (DavidJP) return to Rootschat  (Read 1605 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
My (DavidJP) return to Rootschat
« on: Sunday 30 December 12 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Just to let all rootschat friends, those who knew me & those who kindly responded to my posts but got no response know, that I am now finally back on rootschat!

The reasons for my absence are as follows:-

The initial reason for my disappearance from rootschat was that my computer suddenly & unexpectedly died on me (fortunately I didn't lose anything!) I wasn't able to do anything about replacing it for a while & when I did it very quickly died on me too, as did the one after that. I am now on my third replacement computer & am glad to say that there no problems thus far (touching all wood in reach as I type this bit! ;D)

I have had one or two personal problems too. The main one being a bout of depression, which i am glad to say i am recovered from and am pretty much my old self again.

I have also moved house during this time as well.

On a more positive note during my time away I have been made an uncle not once or twice but four times & will be for a fifth time in the middle of next year!

I have of course continued to do my family research adding a lot more info to my tree, I doubt i'll ever stop doing it! ;D

I have very much missed being on rootschat and very much look forward to renewing friendships and making new ones. I apologise to those who took the time time & effort to reply to my threads & got no reply, I thank you now belatedly for your responses, they are greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards to all

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: My (DavidJP) return to Rootschat
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 January 13 00:00 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year David I hope everything goes well for you from now on.

Lizzie

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 January 13 00:22 GMT (UK) »

Thanks very much Lizzie, hopefully can't get any worse! ;D

A very Happy New Year to you too!

Kind Regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline Kpnuts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My (DavidJP) return to RootschatMellor Tree
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,
Glad you are back up and running again. You have been busy.
With regard to your posting for Thomas Mellor in February. I have a PDF for Isaac Mellor buried 15 the 1848. He died from Scarlet Fever. I assume the rest of them suffered the same.
Have you done a DNA test? I have but most of it relates to my grandfather/grandmother's side not Mellors.
Also on Ancestry Hankinson tree came up with a marriage for a James Mellor to Shusanna Anderton 5/2/1747 Prestwich. Don't know if it's correct yet.
If you give me an email I will send off but it is very hard to read?
Speak again
Karen x

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

Many thanks for your reply, very much appreciated indeed.

I am pleasantly surprised to receive a reply to such an old thread (five years) but very much appreciate the info!

Here is a link to the thread re Isaac & his family that I started: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=676217.msg5210340#msg5210340

Scarlet Fever! Good heavens! Treatable nowadays of course by penicillin/antibiotics.  Sadly not the case back in the 1840s & 50s though.

I have not done a DNA test no. I am related through my paternal grandmothers family. Isaac's father John Mellor was my 3x gt grandfather Thomas Mellor's (1810-1854) cousin. John Mellor's father Nathan being the brother of my 4x gt grandfather John Mellor (1782-181), Thomas's father.

My thanks for the possible marriage info, much appreciated. You state 5th Feb 1747 where as LancsBMD website shows the marriage to be on 9th Feb 1747/48. James a weaver by trade & both of Chadderton. I will certainly check this out!

I will PM you my email address as regards the PDF, my thanks for that, much appreciated.

Kind regards

David