Author Topic: Tracey Family - New York, Marriage, Death & Naturalization Records Needed!  (Read 5411 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Tracey Family - New York, Marriage, Death & Naturalization Records Needed!
« Reply #27 on: Monday 18 September 17 23:15 BST (UK) »
Hi shellyesq & Maureen,

Many thanks for your replies, very much appreciated.

Success!!!!

Using Shellyesq's link to the New York Marriage Indexes I have found the following:

Tracey, Colin G to McKeon, Joan Marie
Sept 16 1943, Brooklyn
No: 17223

Is the number a certificate number? What would be the next step in terms of getting a certificate or whatever the number is referring to?

My thanks to you both shellyesq & Maureen for the census, marriage, WWII & passenger info for the McKeons etc. Very much appreciated.

I did wonder if Genevieve had been married before.

My thanks again.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 01:06 BST (UK) »
It should be a certificate number.  There is information about ordering the certificate here - http://www.nyc.gov/html/records/html/archives/genealogy.shtml

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 10:02 BST (UK) »
Did you ever find William Tracey ?

There was a death of William Daniel Tracey on Florida Death Index -February 1958 - Dade Florida  ???
(no year of birth given)

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VVFM-BZ7

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hi shellyesq & Sandra,

Shellyesq, many thanks for the link regarding certificate ordering, much appreciated. However, if I have read it correctly, they only have marriage records up to 1937 available! ??? ::) Have I got that right? Also death records only up to 1948 & Florence died in 1949! Is there an 80 year closure rule in place or something like that?

Did you ever find William Tracey ?

Sandra, not as yet, still looking though, from city directories he was living with Colin & Joan up until 1954 (last directory he appears in) & isn't present in the 1957 directory. He could have moved out of state I suppose, no known info to that effect though. The one in Florida that you linked to, is definitely one to check into. My thanks for the link, much appreciated.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 23:10 BST (UK) »
The Municipal Archives has Marriage License Records from 1908 to 1949 that can be ordered by mail. 

For deaths after 1948, they are held by the New York City Department of Health.  There are limitations on who these are available to.  http://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/death-certificates.page

I am not sure who Florence is, but there is a database of New York City deaths up to 1949 here - https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2240477  I have heard that the images that connect to these transcriptions can be seen from a computer at a Family History Center or one of their affiliated libraries, but this is a new thing and the success so far has been hit or miss from what I'm hearing.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 23:20 BST (UK) »
Hi shellyesq,

Many thanks for the links, much appreciated.

I am not sure who Florence is

Florence was Colin's mother Florence Emily Tracey who died in 1949 in Brooklyn. Although, I have a newspaper article/obituary regarding her death, I don't have a death cert for her, hence my remark regarding death records available.

My thanks again.

Kind regards

David