Author Topic: Tracey Family - New York, Marriage, Death & Naturalization Records Needed!  (Read 5410 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Tracey Family - New York, Marriage, Death & Naturalization Records Needed!
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 January 13 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Excellent, pleased you found it.

All the best
Sandra.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 January 13 23:44 GMT (UK) »
The cemetery has a website that lists Florence - http://www.theevergreenscemetery.com/records/  There is a William Tracy (no e) with a death date in 1969 on there, but I can't find anything else to support it being him. 

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 January 13 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi shellyesq,

Many thanks for your reply.

Have got those records from your link, many thanks for that.

Going by the City Directory Info that Sandra posted, it suggests that William Daniel was gone by 1957 & he was living in the Rochester area by then, so maybe he's buried somewhere there?

Apologies if this is same area, but my geographical knowledge of NY is zero!

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 January 13 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Rochester is a good 8 hours' drive from Brooklyn, so you may be right that he died and was buried in that area.

There are some links for Rochester, Monroe Co. here - http://www.deathindexes.com/newyork/index.html 

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 January 13 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi shellyesq,

Many thanks indeed for you reply.

Good grief, i didn't think Brooklyn & Rochester were quite that far apart, that's a surprise to say the least!

Thanks for the link, have had a quick look, but will definately check the Monroe County records on the list!

Many thanks again.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I realise that this an oldish thread, but I have come up with some possible new info regarding the death of William Daniel Tracey.

Have kept plugging away at this one, with no success until this evening when I found two possible death records for him via the US Social Security Death Index.

The two possibles being:

William Tracey - Issued in New York; Born 5th Jan 1874 & Died December 1966; last known residence shown as Hudson, Columbia, New York.

William Tracey - Issued in Ohio; Born 18th May 1876 & Died March 1963; last known residence shown as Michigan.

William Daniel Tracey b1876/78 Liverpool, Lancs, England & d? New York?, USA.

Is there any way of finding out whether one or either of these is the right one?

I'm kinda hoping that I might be able to finally sort this one out!

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Probably not this one:-

FIND A GRAVE

William Tracy 5 January 1874 Beekman, Dutchess, NY  - 1966 Hudson Columbia County New York

Burial: Firemen's Home Cemetery Hudson Columbia County New York.
Plot: Upper RE Grave # 3

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=87605134&ref=acom

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 16:56 GMT (UK) »
It might be worth trying to e-mail the cemetery where Florence was buried to see if anyone was buried with her.  http://www.theevergreenscemetery.com/contact/

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra & Shellyesq,

Many thanks for your replies, its very much appreciated.

I have at long last managed to confirm William Daniel's year of birth. His birth was registered in the December quarter of 1876 in Liverpool registration district, under the name William Daniel Tracy (without the e).

Sandra, I believe that you may be right that that one isn't him. William Daniel's occupation in 1940 was carpenter, the industry given as steamship.

Shellyesq, the directory entries earlier in the thread show him as living in Rochester, Monroe County, New York State with his son & daughter in law. He either died & was buried somewhere in Rochester, Monroe County or died there & I guess his body could have been sent back for burial with his wife. With that in mind, an email perhaps isn't a bad idea! ;D

I have looked for New York State death indexes online & found 2 lots, 1862-1948 & 1957-1963. Of course I would need the 1949-1956 indexes that don't appear to be online wouldn't I! ::) Absolutely frustrating to say the least! I don't suppose either of you know whether these particular years indexes are online somewhere do you?

My thanks again for your help and assistance thus far, its much appreciated.

Kind regards

David