Author Topic: Blowers kelsale, blything  (Read 2907 times)

Offline cavvy

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Blowers kelsale, blything
« on: Thursday 02 June 05 15:25 BST (UK) »
my grandmother kathleen blowers b 1903 married at lowestoft 1925 frederick palmer her father was daniel who was deceased at the time of her marriage. On the 1901 census ive found a daniel and polly nee palmer living at Kelsale. he was born kelsale and polly was born at cranford.  some of the siblings relate to my family.  i cannot find Kathleens birth record.  I have tried the Waveney register where her marr was registered but there is no record.  Siblings that i know of William who died 1stWW, Florence and Jane.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, or is connected in any way, i would appreciate it.
john o'connor, connor, connors etc kilkenny
sarll family lowestoft suffolk and barking essex
palmer family lowestoft suffolk and ramsgate kent
caruana family valetta malta
blowers lowestoft and suffolk
cooper south cove
canham ipswich

Offline hughar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Blowers kelsale, blything
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 June 05 00:11 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD has Maud Kathleen BLOWERS born Dec 1/4 1903 Mutford, Vol. 4a, Page 1121.

Offline cavvy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 June 05 18:08 BST (UK) »
many thanks

ive already checked all the blowers listed as born mutford or lowestoft in 1903 at the registry office with no luck but thanks anyway, she must have been born elsewhere, i think possibly kelsale, ill just have to keep looking.

thanks again

cooper south cove
canham ipswich

Offline hughar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 June 05 19:26 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD birth listings are complete from 1891 to 1908, so you should have no problem getting a listing of all the BLOWERS births for the period of interest.
I checked 1900-1906 and found no entry for Kathleen anywhere in the country, let alone Suffolk.  I also checked BLOWER and found Kathleens in Chepstow (Sep 1902) and Bristol (Mar 1906) but can't imagine that they are what you are looking for.
Besides the entry for Maud Kathleen BLOWERS that I gave you already, the only other possibilities in Suffolk seem to be Katie Emily BLOWERS, Sept 1/4 1902, Blything, Vol.4a, Page 1104, and Ella Kathleen BLOWERS, Dec 1/4 1905, Mutford, Vol.4a, Page 1097.
Remember that if you want to look at the actual GRO index pages you can now do that from any FreeBMD listing by clicking on the spectacles against the entry.

Offline cavvy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 June 05 19:36 BST (UK) »
thanks again

ive checked lowestoft reg for all female blowers listed on the civil reg in lowestoft/mutford 1903 i think blything will be next, i found a daniel and polly blowers on the 1901 census at kelsale with some of the siblings the same as my gran, i know her father daniel died pre 1925 and this daniel died 1909, i dont know why i just have a feeling this is her family, but i cant connect her, i cant find any trace of her birth or death although i have her marriage cert.

thanks again for trying
cooper south cove
canham ipswich

Offline hughar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 June 05 11:39 BST (UK) »
OK, let's try another approach.  You say that Kathleen's father was Daniel, and she had siblings William who died in WWI, Florence and Jane.

The CWGC at http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/search.aspx has two matching entries:
(1) William BLOWERS, Royal Naval Reserve, died 15Feb1918 age 56.  Son of Charles and Sarah, and husband of Mary Ann.  This isn't the right one - wrong parents names and too old.
(2) William Frederick BLOWERS, 6th Dragoon Guards, died 26 May 1915 age 23.  Son of Mr & Mrs Blowers of 44 Waveney, Ipswich. What a shame they didn't list his parents' first names.  His age is OK, so born c.1892, and we should find him age about 9 in the 1901 census.

A search of the 1901 Census reveals 4 possibles,
(a) Willm. age 8, at 90 Waveney Road, Ipswich with parents Josiah 33, and Florence 32, and siblings Violet 12, Percy 5, James 3, and Bessy 1.
(b) Fredk.Wm. age 9, at 7 Mariners Street, Lowestoft, with parents Henry J. 31, and Alice E. 31, and siblings Frank S. 6, Florence 5, Henry 2, and Edward 1.
(c) William, 10, at Covehithe with parents William 38, and Harriet 36, and siblings Henery 9, Harriett 7, Emma 8, Benjamin 1, and Edward 5.
(d) William J. age 11, at Rookyard Farm, Theberton, with parents William J. 34, and Elizabeth 33, brother George, 1, and Elizabeth's mother.
The first of these seems to be a good match for William, as his parents are still living in the same street some 14 years later.  No sign of Florence or Jane in the same family, although Florence is William's mother's name.

Also none of those have a father named Daniel, so let's look for him.  There seem to be 2 in Suffolk;
(i) Daniel, 36, at East Green, Kelsale with wife Polly 36, and children Christy C. 4, Jane A. 2, and Herbert W. 5 months.
(ii) Daniel, 30, at Red House Farm, Mells with wife Eliza 35, and son George E. 1 month.

The conclusion from these searches is that there does not appear to be anything that links Kathleen's supposed siblings (William, Florence and Jane) with her supposed father Daniel - and in fact the parents of the William who died in WWI were Josiah and Florence.  Sorry that I can't be more positive, but that's where the information you provided has led the searches.

Offline cavvy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 June 05 18:35 BST (UK) »
thank you for your efforts they are appreciated.

back to the drawing board.

::)
cooper south cove
canham ipswich

Offline Gemma Webster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 23 December 16 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi, are there any Blowers still alive with access to records to Red House Farm Mell. From 1911 census I have found my great grandmother was in domestic service for the family. She was 15/16 called Jessie L seaman - she later married in Doncaster to a man named William Henry Russell. I would be very surprised if anyone was alive to remember her but wondered if any records/photos were in existence. I am particularly interested to find out how my great grandparents met. Many Thanks

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 December 16 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gemma,

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Was your Grandmother connected to the Blowers family of Suffolk, I am not too sure if your post needs to be split off into it's own topic.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk