Author Topic: Finding my older postings  (Read 907 times)

Offline Candace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Finding my older postings
« on: Friday 04 January 13 21:54 GMT (UK) »
When I first started on roots chat it was easy to use and navigate around. Now I find it is unusable.
I cannot find my older postings. A few are shown but where are the rest. One I wish to reply to again is not there.
Can someone tell me why there was a need to change when it was easy in the first place.
How do I get to my older topics and messages.
I would like to carry on using roots chat but cant see a way of doing so
Thank you for looking
Chris

Online Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Finding my older postings
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 January 13 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Dear Chris,

RootsChat has had a facelift.  In many ways it still works the same as before, just looks different.  There are some new features as well.  After 9 years, a lot of things need a facelift and RootsChat is no different.  Please take some time to explore it a bit more.

All your posts are still there.  If you click on 'Profile' above in the black band, just to the right of centre, and then 'show posts' on the left hand side of the resulting screen, you should be able to see all your posts, 6 pages of them.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 January 13 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Candace

I've been really struggling since the changes but am gradually getting there ::)
To find your old posts go to Profile (in middle of the black band up near the top) then you will find Show Posts over on the left of the page in blue under your name - you should then have all your posts available. I've just checked mine and there are 722 pages so I'm guessing they are all there.

Hope this helps

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Candace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 January 13 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the speedy replies. I see how to do it now. It is not very clear though.
I agree changes are needed once in a while but why make it more difficult.
Just like with all things if it aint broke don't try and fix it.
Many thanks again I am grateful
Chris

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 January 13 05:23 GMT (UK) »
Chris,

Sorry that's it's a pain for you.

It was broken though, and we had to fix it. Behind the scenes we had a lot of technical problems, and also some of the tools that we were using just didn't work properly, or sometimes only worked sometimes.  The software was also very out of date, and it needed upgrading for better security.

Trystan
RootsChat Caretaker

(Topic locked as the topic is answered, and other comments have been discussed at length on another topic.)
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.