Author Topic: Larmour/Lorimer/Larmer etc Derriaghy, Lisburn, Co Antrim  (Read 4554 times)

Offline maggieblue

• RootsChat Member
  • Work hard, play hard
    • View Profile
Larmour/Lorimer/Larmer etc Derriaghy, Lisburn, Co Antrim
« on: Saturday 05 January 13 17:49 GMT (UK) »
My 3rd Great Grandfather was Alexander Larmour who died before 1849. His son Samuel born abt 1824 married Ann Jane Seaton born abt 1824 on 21 November 1849 at Lisburn Civil Registrars Office. Address given for Samuel was Derrykillultagh, Ballinderry, Lisburn, Co Antrim. 5 of a family that I know of Margaret Ann, Elizabeth, Sarah Jane, Samuel and ? . Samuel my Great Grandfather married Mary Jane MacFarlane/McFarland.

Would anyone have any information on any of these rellies?

Maggie
 :) :) :)
Antrim/Ahoghill/Broughshane Co Antrim - LYTTLE, MEEKE, SWANN, CRAIG, WALLACE, NICHOLL
Maghergall/Derriaghy Lisburn area - SINCLAIR, MCFARLAND, BRAITHWAITE, MORROW, VINT, ELWOOD, MCNEICE, CLOSE, HARBINSON, TODD, MCWATTERS, MCPEAKE, COURTNEY, THOMPSON, BELSHAW,  LARMOUR, DUBORDIEUR, STEWART, WIGGINS
Canada - SINCLAIR
New Zealand - MEEKE
Co Armagh/America - STEENSON
Co Tyrone/Co Londonderry GAMBLE, MOON, LOVE, ROBINSON, LINDSAY, COULTER, WHITE, LYONS, MOOREHEAD, BAIRD, MCCREA, LESLIE.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Larmour/Lorimer/Larmer etc Derriaghy, Lisburn, Co Antrim
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 January 13 20:10 GMT (UK) »
What sort of information are you looking for?
Have you tried the usual sources? 1901 and 1911 census, civil registration index, PRONI Will Extracts, etc.
Once we know what you are looking for and what you already know it will be easier to help with information or suggest where you can search next.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline maggieblue

• RootsChat Member
  • Work hard, play hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 January 13 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I just cannot seem to get this quite right, oops

I am quite an experienced researcher and have tried all the usual sources and continue to investigate all possible avenues.  I continue to transcribe and research church registers etc.  Once you get to that all inevitable date you hit the brick wall and it becomes harder as you know.

I also have a large file of larmour families (as well as files on all surnames I research) from Co Antrim that I continue to research even though they are not related at the moment or indeed may never be.  I now have built an extension to house my ever growing library and collection.

I am always willing to help others.

I was hoping to jog someones memory as to these names or indeed if they had come across something they had been researching and it fitted in and they were willing to share. 

Sorry
Antrim/Ahoghill/Broughshane Co Antrim - LYTTLE, MEEKE, SWANN, CRAIG, WALLACE, NICHOLL
Maghergall/Derriaghy Lisburn area - SINCLAIR, MCFARLAND, BRAITHWAITE, MORROW, VINT, ELWOOD, MCNEICE, CLOSE, HARBINSON, TODD, MCWATTERS, MCPEAKE, COURTNEY, THOMPSON, BELSHAW,  LARMOUR, DUBORDIEUR, STEWART, WIGGINS
Canada - SINCLAIR
New Zealand - MEEKE
Co Tyrone/Co Londonderry GAMBLE, MOON, LOVE, ROBINSON, LINDSAY, COULTER, WHITE, LYONS, MOOREHEAD, BAIRD, MCCREA, LESLIE.

Offline Rosniak

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 January 13 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I don't have any specific information on your Larmours of Derrykillultagh however I have been tracing the relatives of a Bennett Larmour who married into my family and believe that he could well be the 6 year old on the 1851 census in another household at Derrykillultagh.

If this is of any interest to you please let me know.

Offline maggieblue

• RootsChat Member
  • Work hard, play hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 January 13 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I don't have any specific information on your Larmours of Derrykillultagh however I have been tracing the relatives of a Bennett Larmour who married into my family and believe that he could well be the 6 year old on the 1851 census in another household at Derrykillultagh.

If this is of any interest to you please let me know.

Hi

Thanks yes I am/hav researched this family.  Have 6 or 7 families with the Bennett/Larmour surname, christian name and middle name.  I recall my granny and mum talking about the Bennetts.

No doubt linked somewhere along the line.

Once again many thanks

Maggie
Canada - SINCLAIR
New Zealand - MEEKE

Offline Kairen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile

Offline Agnetta

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 February 16 05:45 GMT (UK) »
Maggieblue  I can't offer any help on your Larmour query,but I see you list "Sinclair" as one of your interests. My grandmothers sister Mary Black,married a Thomas Sinclair of Derriaghy,in 1883,in Railwa St Presbyterian church,Lisburn.( My grandmother Lizzie Black m'd Wm John Mc Dowelland lived at Lambeg.)
Thomas Sinclair was born about 1855. Any connection to your Sinclairs ?

Offline maggieblue

• RootsChat Member
  • Work hard, play hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 28 February 16 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Agnetta
Great to hear from you. Not at the moment but very interested in the link to the surname Black.  I have recently taken an Autosomal DNA test with FTDNA and I am matching quite a few Black cousins... have not yet found our common ancestor.  Who were the respective Fathers?

Maggie
Canada - SINCLAIR
New Zealand - MEEKE

Offline Agnetta

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 01 March 16 04:16 GMT (UK) »
 Joseph Black and Matty Weir /Craig had Jane Black 1853 married James Irwin.
                                                           Mary Black 1858 married Thomas Sinclair
                                                           Margaret Black 1863 married William John Shirlow
                                                           Joseph Black 1865 (think he went to Scotland )
                                                           Elizabeth Black 1869 married Wm John Mc Dowell.
                                                            Agnes Black 1871/3 don't know anything more about her.