Author Topic: Ruffell/Hayden  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Haydenpat

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ruffell/Hayden
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
The drummer referred to in the post was my grandfather. He died in 1941 and is buried in Birr Co. Offaly, Ireland. Fred, his brother was the son of John (same name as my grandfather) born 6 Dec 1846 in Plaistow Essex. John (Senior) died on Feb 1921 in Leytensone. He married Ann McEvoy about 1868 in Kilkenny Ireland.

Ann McEvoy was born about 1851 in Ireland. She died 1910 in Finchley, London.

John (Senior)'s father was Charles Haiden (spelling in 1851). Charles was born in 1816 in Essex. He died about 1860. He married Elizabeth Jales about 1840.
Elizabeth Jales was born in 1816 in Plaistow. Charles was a stoker ie stoked fuel into a furnace or boiler eg. on a ship. Hope this info helps. My name is Pat Hayden. Frederick was my grand uncle.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline k9athy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ruffell/Hayden
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 March 18 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Frederick William Hayden b 4.3.1876 d 18.4.1939
m 25.12.1907 Rose Jane Ruffell b 13.7.1889 d 22.10.1951

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.