Author Topic: Peader Kearney -  (Read 11893 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peader Kearney -
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 April 18 08:13 BST (UK) »
Ellen may have been related but can't be a sister as her parents were Terence CARNEY/KEARNEY and Margaret FitzHENRY LINK
But she could still be related in some distant way - I still haven't found the link to my OH yet either

Peader KEARNEY was born Dec 12 1883 LINK
His marraige in 1911 to Eva May FLANAGAN LINK

Father:   John KEARNEY b. 1854 d. c1897 Collon, Co. Meath
Mother:   Katie McGUINNESS b. 1860 d. c1903 from Dunleer, Co. Louth
They married in St. Patrick’s Church, Slane, Co. Meath on Oct 13 1881
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline bibinic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 30 April 18 22:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that myluck! I'm beginning to think that they aren't related at all or just distantly, and having the same surname is just a coincidence.
By the way, what does OH mean?

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 08:22 BST (UK) »
Apologies for acronym/jargon - Other Half! refers to partner, spouse, etc.

I also think in ours that it is distant however a second cousin said he knew the Behans in the 1950s and 1960s and when they met the greeting used was always "hello cuz"! Also independently families of that generation all believed that they were related. Anyway...
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline bibinic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 19:09 BST (UK) »
And there was me thinking OH was some genealogical abbreviation! Wonderful!!
Peadar Kearney, the Behans & Gouldings all knew each other, shared the same trade (housepainting) and similar political aspirations. With Ellen Kearney, her father is recorded as a labourer and later as a carpenter. It's very tempting to try and make connections, beyond the documented ones, but I think we can definitively say Ellen and Peadar are not siblings and probably not first cousins either!
Thank you myluck! for your time and assistance.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 13:47 BST (UK) »
No problem

We found it interesting was when we located cousins in England that had emigrated in the 1940s and 1950s they also believed that there was a link to Peadar Kearney and had attempted to make the connection to him.  I feel that they were possibly distant cousins a generation or two back meaning even more distant now!
If I locate anything I'll post for you
Further generations:

Offline HairyJoe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 October 21 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone who has contributed to this . My mam is a grand niece of Peadar her mom Mary Ellen was the niece of Peadar and I am trying to locate more possible family for my mam and aunts if I can. The info given here helped me to  get some real info for them . Unfortunately when my grand uncle Paddy left Birmingham UK he left behind all the letters etc he once had from his uncle they are now lost to us . My eldest aunt remembers Peadar visiting them at their home in Greek st . I would love to find out more if anyone can help - thank you 

Offline Abhanliath

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 22 September 23 23:44 BST (UK) »
Is there any information about Eva Flanagan, who married Peadar Kearney? On their marriage registration, her address is 10 North George's Street. Who were her brothers and sisters and parents?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 23 September 23 11:28 BST (UK) »

...so someone born Peter Kearney in 1883 was registered at death as Peadar O Cearnaigh in 1943.

Peadar O'Cearnaigh died 24 November 1942 at 25 Donoghue Street, Inchicore. His son was the informant.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1942/04676/4245962.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 23 September 23 11:44 BST (UK) »

...so someone born Peter Kearney in 1883 was registered at death as Peadar O Cearnaigh in 1943.

Peadar O'Cearnaigh died 24 November 1942 at 25 Donoghue Street, Inchicore. His son was the informant.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1942/04676/4245962.pdf

Colbert, his son was b 1918.
His marriage gives the same address as the informant C O’ Cearnaigh.
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01soe/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk