Author Topic: 1894 Birth ~ Eileen Mary Fitz-Simon  (Read 8010 times)

Offline enzfan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1894 Birth ~ Eileen Mary Fitz-Simon
« on: Thursday 17 January 13 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

A long shot!!!

I am trying to find a birth for an Eileen Mary Fitz Simon (Fitz-Simon, Fitzsimon etc) born on the 4th November 1894 or thereabouts. Her father is Herbert Barry Fitz Simon - mother unknown

Many thanks

Offline LindaGW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1894 Birth ~ Eileen Mary Fitz-Simon
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 January 13 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Someone posted a question and some information about this family on another board. http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/CAN-SASKATCHEWAN/2000-03/0953222051
Unfortunately this was quite some time ago but if you can still contact this person, she may be able to help you.

Linda

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 January 13 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.

If you put just Fitzsimon into the search engine at this link and click on 'contains' to the right, you should get the birth info for both Arthur and Eileen. Some of the spelling appears to be rather creative but the father is clearly Herbert Barry.

http://www.isc.ca/VitalStatistics/Genealogy/vsgs_srch.aspx

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 January 13 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Polarbear is correct when she indicates creative spelling. Eileen listed as Eliies.

I took a look  at the Rootsweb site indicated by Linda  and this looks like a good place to start.

I checked 1901,1906 and 1911 Canadian census but did not find the family unless again someone got creative with the spelling.

There is a history book for Wapella called Mingling Memories: A History of Wapella And District.
I have a contact in Saskatchewan will give her a try and see if the family is mentioned.This from info mentioned in the Rootsweb site posted by Linda.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline LindaGW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 January 13 19:18 GMT (UK) »
There is an Annie Fitzsimon buried in the Wapella cemetery.  This would appear to fit with the information in the above link (Annie being Eileen's mother, who died about the time of the birth of one of her children) except that her year of birth is given as "infant" and her year of death is "unknown."  ???
http://www.townofwapella.com/cemetary.htm#F

Linda

Offline enzfan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 January 13 19:44 GMT (UK) »
You awesome, awesome people.  ;D

Thank you so much for all of this wonderful information. You have helped break down a brick wall that has been in existence forever!

Very kind regards
Robyn

Offline enzfan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 17 January 13 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Is there any way of finding the marriage between Anna and Herbert?

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 17 January 13 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Did  Herbert marry in Saskatchewan? Marriages have not been done yet on the Saskatchewan Vital
Statistic Index. If you knew the exact date you could send for the marriage record.  Just a note  the cost for the genealogical copy is $50.00 Canadian.

I am working on some more info that I found for you just waiting for my contacts to get back to me. Soon as I hear will contact you.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline enzfan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 17 January 13 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm working on the theory that they may have married in Alberta.

The Frewing family were living in the Territories, Alberta by the 1891 census and Herbert was also lodging in the same province and district. It has been suggested that he may have lived with the family at some time. I can't see the actual household census records unfortunately. But my guess is that they married between 1891 and 1894 in either Alberta or Saskatchewan

Gosh! $50-00 is an extraordinary amount to expect for a record!! That's just over $60.00 NZ

I look forward to seeing what else you may have

Robyn