Author Topic: William Thomas and Sarah who? marriage  (Read 1656 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Thomas and Sarah who? marriage
« on: Saturday 19 January 13 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Evening all, im trying to find a marriage for a William Thomas and Sarah?, there daughter Mary Thomas was born 25 Sept 1805, baptised 29 Sept 1805, in Mold Flintshire, place Argoed according to the FindMyPast parish registers, now ive looked at the marriages, and would like some opinions please

there is William Thomas to Sarah Evans, 1804 Bistre, Flintshire,

and William Thomas to Sarah Hodgson 1797 Mold, Flintshire,

Which one would be most possible and how do i go about trying to confirm which is correct?.

Many thanks in advance
Weenie

Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
Re: William Thomas and Sarah who? marriage
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 January 13 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I would say the Mold one, as they married there, have you look to see either of these couple's had any children prior to 1804, if they did that should give you the answer

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 January 13 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou MargP,

Im struggling to try find other children prior to 1804, i tried on family search but unfortunatly becasue they lead you to the FindMyPast site, it doesnt give parents or batch numbers to check, and on FindMyPast search you cant put in parents on baptism search.

Thankyou though
Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 January 13 18:27 GMT (UK) »
somehow ive just found a Joseph Hodgson Thomas Thomas born 1804 parents william and Sarah. has to be brother :)

Weenie

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 January 13 18:58 GMT (UK) »
I see what you mean about searching the records, at least you have small time frame to search 1797-1804 but it mean looking at every one, I am not sure if it takes credits when you view them so could be costly, if you are ever near Aberystwyth go to the National Library of Wales you should be able to see the original parish records

I think that the Joseph birth record confirms the 1797 marriage

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Coley Dudley.
Parker Stafford.
Duckworth Cheshire.
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 January 13 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Weenie

I have just checked my credits and it looks like they are free to view

Margp
Coley Dudley.
Parker Stafford.
Duckworth Cheshire.
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 January 13 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks MargPm i do have subs for FindMyPast so its ok, its just a ball ache going through them im getting there though many thanks again, so far all is good on it been Sarah Hodgson

:)
Weenie