Author Topic: Barbara Ellarton Walker, daughter of Archibald Walker and Elizabeth Annandale.  (Read 1583 times)

Offline nattytigermoth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile

Would love to hear from anyone who may have information on Barbara Ellarton Walker b. 1832 in Dalkeith Scotland, travelled to Victoria, Australia in 1852, possibly in the employ of a spirit merchant.

Parents are Archibald Walker and Elizabeth Walker nee Annandale. Barbara married Matthew Rhook and died in 1913 (aged 81) in Narrawong Victoria.
Dew (Somerset)
Spicer (London)
Curnow (Cornwall)
Beckham (Norfolk)
Johns (Cornwall)
Westcott (Devon)
Rhook/Rooke (Derbyshire)
Redgate (Derbyshire)
Newton (Northamptonshire)
Coustley (Scotland)
Diwell (Kent)
Jelly (Ireland)
McDonald (Scotland)

Offline Gary Bartlett

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara Ellarton Walker, daughter of Archibald Walker and Elizabeth Annandale.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 January 18 02:49 GMT (UK) »
I recently noticed this post from a few years ago.
Barbara Walker / Rhook is my Great grandmothers sister and came to Australia with them, John and Agnes Wilson (nee Walker) and their three sons, on the Ship Priam. Barbaras mother, and two brothers also emigrated over the next few years, after the death of her father, William Walker, in Dalkeith.  I have quite a bit of information on the families. I have a few queries on Barbaras parents.  I live in Warrnambool if you would like to contact me on (*)  I,m writing a history of John and Agnes Wilson (The Lagoons Wilsons of Lower Cape Bridgewater) at the moment.
Regards
Gary

(*) Moderator Comment: phone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline nattytigermoth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara Ellarton Walker, daughter of Archibald Walker and Elizabeth Annandale.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 January 18 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting! I've not logged in for a while so it was great to see your message. Also great to discover the correct name of Barbara's father (always suspected I may have cited an incorrect record in my research and am now back working on correcting such issues).
I've always been curious as to what brought Barbara (and your GGMother and family) to Victoria so it's great to be in touch. My email address is (*) but I would definitely like to give you a call in the next week or so (I'm currently working on getting my ancestry-related research in the best possible shape before furnishing other relatives with a copy of the family tree!).

Thanks again,

Natalie

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Dew (Somerset)
Spicer (London)
Curnow (Cornwall)
Beckham (Norfolk)
Johns (Cornwall)
Westcott (Devon)
Rhook/Rooke (Derbyshire)
Redgate (Derbyshire)
Newton (Northamptonshire)
Coustley (Scotland)
Diwell (Kent)