Author Topic: Benjamin Harvey, papermaking pioneer  (Read 5086 times)

Offline zebelix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Harvey, papermaking pioneer
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 11:43 BST (UK) »
I went back to the information I had from census returns and took out a month's subscription to Find my Past as well as The Ancestry one I have already. I was looking for a marriage of the mother of my Frederick Harvey Hyde b.1871, all through the census records she has stated that she was born in Leigh, Worcestershire. Sure enough there was an Ellen b. 1841 to James and Sarah Hyde and she has various siblings even one named Harvey Hyde b.1846. From census records it looks as though she did not marry so I think our line of middle name Harveys come from her brother. So it appears that Frederick Harvey Hyde was born out of wedlock, I cannot even find a birth registration that fits him so goodness only knows what was going on in her life around 1870. She laters marries in Wales and states that she is a widow named Ellen Hyde, just a little white lie for the sake of propriety.
Her brother may have been named for Charles Hide's friend Benjamin Harvey but I will have to find links from my Worcestershire Hydes to the Warwickshire Hide family.
Farewell for now, it has been fascinating looking at all the different Hydes/Hides and I have some Warwickshire Hyde birth certificates if anyone is interested.
Best wishes
Felix
LEWIS, WOODCOCK, ALLWOOD, WITHERINGTON, ASH, CURTIS, WILLIAMSON, FANTOM, FREE, PARKER, MARROW, SHICKELL, ELLIOTT, REVELL, NEVITT, KNEVIT, WHITEMAN.