Author Topic: Claude McGuire South Australia to Canada  (Read 3677 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Claude McGuire South Australia to Canada
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 January 13 04:03 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0sqt/
Think this is the land description for Claude's holdings but the 1916 census indicates J. McGuire and wife A.

Don't know if these passenger lists are listed in your previous thread.

C.H. McGuire, 22 b. Australis travelling from Liverpool to Quebec arriving 25 Oct 1902 on the Runisian with destination or Regina.

Claude mcGuire arriving April 1915 on the Niagara at Vancouver from Sydney.  Single.  Occupation Stockman - destination Admiral, Sask.  Indicated had been in Canada 16 years.

Offline jrapleysauntry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 May 13 18:49 BST (UK) »

Not sure if any of this helps

Saskatchewan census 1916 for McGuire
http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/1916/Pages/results.aspx?k=cnsSurname%3a%22Mcguire%22+AND+cnsProvinceCode%3d%22SK%22

Louis Boyd McGuire aged 80 years of Eastend , Saskatchewan and formerly of the Bracken, Saskatchewan district died suddenly at his ranch home on Saturday, August 21, 2004 with his loving daughter Velda and grandson Marlon at his side.
Binkley's Funeral Service Web Site
http://fpbfssl.sasktelwebhosting.com/Obituaries/Obituaries.htm2004 Obituaries

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 31 May 13 10:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the links. I had found the funeral site myself; it has given me a lot of family detail to go on with.
My next pressing detail is finding when Claude died, presumably in Saskatchewan.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jrapleysauntry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 31 May 13 20:08 BST (UK) »
You might try writing to the daughter listed in the obituary. As well perhaps Claude was buried on the ranch or the next place would be the Bracken cemetery.   I was not able to find  him in the 1916 census

Velda Mcguire

(306) 293-2863   Farm    
Bracken   SK              S0N 0G0   

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 01 June 13 02:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks once again. I will have to follow up one of the leads I have, including the address you have provided. I have also been in touch with the local genealogy society.
The last reference I have for Claude is 1937, when he is recorded in a US border crossing list, travelling with "Louie" McGuire to visit someone in Montana.

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Michael Sheehan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 June 16 05:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Darren,
Saw your post on Claude Mc Guire I too have been looking for his place of burial. I compiled an article on his Boer War service a couple of years back and have been successful in having the Echunga RSL arrange for a memorial with his and another Boer Veterans name placed in their 'Garden of Remembrance"
Michael.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 23 June 16 06:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Michael,
Thank you for that. I will have to get down to Echunga to have a look. Do you still have the article? I would love to read it.
Regarding Claude's burial place, I am still no closer to finding it. I contacted the Catholic Archives of Saskatchewan, but they had no record of him in any of the nearby cemeteries. I might send away for his death certificate, and see what information is on that.

Offline Michael Sheehan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 24 June 16 01:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Darren, Thanks for your reply, I still have the article and you are welcome to a copy. The RSL memorial at Echunga hasn't been finished yet. If you are here in SA then you could phone me on 08 83886457 (business hours)
Michael

Offline Horkoff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 11 March 17 00:25 GMT (UK) »
I am Louis granddaughter.  contact me. Vhorkoff@gmail.com