Author Topic: Wesleyan Cemetery, Cheetham Hill, Manchester.  (Read 11338 times)

Offline Aus325

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wesleyan Cemetery, Cheetham Hill, Manchester.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 April 18 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, are we still able to get lookups for transcriptions of headstone of the former Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery of Cheetham Hill?  I have Stubbs Lambert, buried there 14 Jul 1908. Supposedly in grave# 685 according to the data from findmypast, although that number doesn't line up with the entry I found in the list of transcriptions of the cemetery on the familysearch website

Offline mckgrov

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wesleyan Cemetery, Cheetham Hill, Manchester.
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 September 19 03:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am also interested if anyone can provide cemetery transcription information from the Manchester Cheetham Hill Cemetery. I have the burial record for my 4th great grandfather William Fletcher who died Nov 1, 1839 and was buried there in grave 1642, Progress #4722. He was interred Nov 6 and was 42 years old.  His wife Sarah (Lancashire) may have died before him or just after (a Mrs. Fletcher, Pawnbroker of Ashley Lane was found drowned in the river in May 1840) but William's probated will makes it sound like his wife was dead by Nov 20 1839 (probate date). Any information re a transcription for William and Sarah or any other family members that might be associated with him or his gravestone would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.

This is my first time using RootsChat so I didn't know whether to reply to a post on the topic or start my own post which I haven't figured out how to do yet.