Author Topic: Old Kilbride Cemetery ,Arklow.  (Read 12191 times)

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Old Kilbride Cemetery ,Arklow.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Charlene.

While I would have a lot of info on my own Smiths that lived not too far away from Old Kilbride and Shelton at Scratnagh , I am not seeing any connections at the moment, but who knows.

John
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.

Offline Charw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 17:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks John.  I am ever hopeful that somebody will identify with my Jane (Smith) Beatty.  She is missing in Canada as well as we do not know where she is buried but can find most of the rest of her family together.

Charlene

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 19:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Charlene.

I see from your postings you are not too long with Rootschat. Go over to the Canadian board on the site and post whatever you have on your Smith/Beattys in Canada. There are some tremendous researchers on that board and I have gotten great help from them over the years. They are well familiar with their own country and its records and will find info you and myself never will.

John.
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 July 13 10:19 BST (UK) »
hi there,i am also trying to find out information on the burials of ancestors in old kilbride graveyard.i live in aus,and i find it hard to find any site that has info on it.i am looking for info for these names,o neill,sleator/slator,tutty,tyrell,any informarion will be greatly appreciated.thank you in advance,tom

Offline brinyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 July 13 11:25 BST (UK) »
Findmypast has some transcripts of the old Kilbride Cemetery gravestones from Cantwell's Memorials of the Dead
This is the only information I have been able to find. The graveyard was a mess when we called in a couple of years ago

Brian

Offline DraculaClontarf

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 February 17 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fellow Wicklow genealogist

I was wondering if anybody here managed to locate the transcript or the actual physical book for the old Kilbride Cemetery. I am interested in the Manifold graves that I manage to see in the grave yard today.

Thanks for your help
Christian

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 February 17 00:56 GMT (UK) »
hello dracula,Ihave had no luck with any manifest of this graveyard,hope you do better,tom

Offline lanwill

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 February 20 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Old Kilbride Cemetery researchers,
This is my first post, so uncertain how to contact individual members.
Interested in contacting John at powerwicklow to see if any new developments with grave transcriptions &/- or cemetery preservation at Old Kilbride Cemetery or how to obtain Brian Cantwells transcriptions.
Also interested in making contact with Brian at brinyc , as I too am an ancestor from Alexander & Ann Macintosh. Their daughter Maria who married a James Bready, with their daughter Matilda marrying Russell Wilkins is my ancestral line.
Thanks,
Lance

Offline Rupert81

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Old Kilbride Cemetery, Arklow.
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 21 January 23 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am also interested in any Sherwoods buried at Old Kilbride Cemetery. My 4th great grandfather, the upholsterer Mungo Sherwood (died 1805) was from Kilbride & I have just been shown a copy of his will. His children are listed as Henry, Thomas, George, Ann, Isabella & Rachel. One of his executors was his wife Catherine Mountgarret (married 1789) and the other executor was a John Sherwood, who I think may have been a brother. Any info on the Sherwoods of Kilbride would be most appreciated. Is there a transcribed list of interrments?

Kind regards,

Steven