Author Topic: Woodcroft in Leek  (Read 13268 times)

Offline sec3mitchdr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Woodcroft in Leek
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 February 13 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi 'Hepburn'
Thanks for this.  The photo is just what I am looking for.  Are you able to give me any more info about its source as I would really like to be able to make it large enough to read the text.  Any further help will be much appreciated.
sec3mitch

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 February 13 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Do you have a web album? You could save it in the album and then use the zoom...  :)
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline sec3mitchdr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 February 13 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for reply.  I've tried that but any attempt to zoom or enlarge just blurrs the text.  Was this a photo offered for sale on Ebay or elsewhere.  If so please let me have the details as I will be happy to purchase. I think it needs to be a higher resolution image to enable any enlargement.
sec3mitchdr

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 February 13 09:51 GMT (UK) »
It was on there but it had been sold....I'll try and find it again.Last time the link didn't work..
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 February 13 09:54 GMT (UK) »

Offline sec3mitchdr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 February 13 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks 'Hepburn' - you have been very helpful.  The ebay advert enlarges sufficiently for me to read the text but I am also contacting the seller with a view to purchase.

Regards
sec3mitchdr

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 February 13 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Great.....Let me know how you get on  ;)

Offline sec3mitchdr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 13 February 13 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi 'Hepburn'
Just to let you know that I have now managed to obtain a large clear image of the 'Woodcroft' house in Leek.  It really looks to have been a very imposing property and I am still mystified as to why it was demolished after only about 50 years (1880 - 1930).
Thanks again for your help.
sec3mitchdr

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 13 February 13 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful,well pleased for you....Were your family living in it at the time of the photo?