Author Topic: Albert Lovell, Grandson of Katie Lovell Flower Seller Chiswick area  (Read 10598 times)

Offline StellaFielder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Lovell, Grandson of Katie Lovell Flower Seller Chiswick area
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 February 15 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Yes think there is a connection although not sure how. I can remember my Nan (Lizzie Lovell) talking to me about them saying they were related. I believe they also sold flowers outside Chiswick New Cemetery!

Offline Kar.Ma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 24 September 15 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Thank you so much for your replies

And to find there are a fair few of the family still out there... I am the wife of Bert's son :) He married Beanie, was an electrician, loved his boys and lived a happy life, sadly he passed too, well over a year ago now... ~ he was such a lovely man , he had the most welcoming hug... ~ I started researching the tree for him some years ago and did find quite a few ~ which he was delighted by :) 

saroma  :)  Bert told us about Millie, so sad for your loss ...   Yes he kept in touch with Millie and was saddened by her passing ... and yes he was VERY musical and played Piano Accordion ( left handed ) 

We have the photo of Kate ( my husbands Great Grandmother) and her basket of flowers and a couple of John ~ ( My Husband's Grandfather) ~ The older brother Bert had was also named John and he passed away in his twenties ~ he had two children.

StellaFielder 

Hi and thank you so much for your reply :)  Another member of the Lovell family :)  It was Bert who mentioned his sisters, is there possibly a Queenie also  ( as he often mentioned her could be a cousin or distant relation maybe ? Or I may have become confused with all the names, I did find a whole street almost with Lovells  ( William Street)  )  As mentioned above to saroma ~ we have the photo of Kate and a couple of John and one of the oldest son who passed young.
 John Lovell married twice... the second was to Maud Mary Barrett,  Bert's mother ( had great difficulty locating her ... could be she was married before... or from Ireland) ~ I do know she often left and 'went on her wanders' as Bert put it...
( incidentally I also have Romany in my Ancestry ~ I did not find this out till researching my own tree... There is a photo of Bert playing the accordian on my Ancestry.co.uk Page and some other information I have collected http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/51575405/family

Offline suelovely

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 October 21 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've just found this site as I'm trying to do the family tree for the Lovell side of my family.  I can identify with the original post and some of the responses so I'm hoping you can help.
I was married to Ernest Alfred Lovell b1929, father Thomas E A Lovell, grandfather Walter Lovell, GGF Thomas Lovell, GGGrandfather Hezekiah Lovell.  Ernie always told us he was of Romany Gypsy descent but he had no evidence to share.  His family and himself were Greengrocers in Chiswick, he had a Cousin John Lovell who lived in Hounslow in the 1970s when I knew him, married to Joan.  John had a Greengrocers shop in Ealing. We lost touch with the Lovell side of the family, I am trying to make connections and find out all I can for our two daughters and their children, many who carry on the Lovell name.  Any information would be very much appreciated.  Are there any close relatives to Ernie or John that can add to our limited history?  Thanks for reading.  Sue

Offline Linzi scicluna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 May 22 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
The lovell family mentioned above Besnie Bronco Millie and Lizzie are all related to my late nan Phoebe . My Dad (Phoebes son) is still alive .

Offline Linzi scicluna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 May 22 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi My sister and I have read this post with great interest . Phoebe Lovell was our Nan and the people mentioned are our Dads family members . We remember Bronco , Mille, Beanie and others . Our Dad Phoebes son is still alive and we would love to know more about this family tree . Thank you

Offline KarMa77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 15 December 22 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linzi - I am married to Bronc's son - Beanie and Bronc and Millie have now sadly passed away - but yes  Phoebe was Bert's sister - how  amazing, I have done a Tree on Ancestry, sadly not done much since Bert died, but the bare bones are there, they were all descended from the Romany folk that lived on Barnes common

Offline KarMa77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 15 December 22 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Posted a bit quick there, Bert Lovell was a lovely man, very fond  memories.

Offline kym881956

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 17 January 23 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My name is Kym Moss and I am looking for any information on a Sapy Lovell born around 1802 and died in 1885 she was sent to Australia as a convict and died here she was married ? to a Augustus Lee, a Richard Miles and a Lewis Boswell she had several children on these children went on to be an ancestor of mine that is if I have my information correct would love to hear if you have any knowledge of her
Thankyou
Kym

Offline Saroma50

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 16 June 23 17:59 BST (UK) »

Sorry Kim, I wish I could help. I hope you managed to find some info.

Re The grandchildren of Kate Lovell (The lady with the flower basket) who’s son was John LOVELL, father of Pheobie, Lizzie, John jr, Millie, Albert aka Bronc; I attach a couple of photos of him. One walking with Maud (I’m pretty certain) Maud was mother to Millie and Bronc. Another photo has handwriting on it. I recognise Millie and could possibly be around the Lorraine Gardens area as I think that’s where they all lived when she was very young.
I came across some newspaper articles online mentioning petty offences, lots of Lovell boys mentioned 😂 but was dated 1900 /01 and puts them all living in William Street, which we know was where a lot of them lived before it was demolished. I’m sure my Nan (Millie) told me she shared a tiny house in William Street with her aunt Kate for a short while when she first married my grandad.
As you say, Maud was unfortunately, not always present and would take off for periods of time leaving John to raise the children. Millie made a connection in Manchester with a man called Ernest who was related to Maud! Could this be where she used to go? It’s possible she has family there.
I am blown away with your finding a link to Hazeikia back in 1775!

Hope all is well and good.
Sarah (Jeans daughter, Millie’s granddaughter)