Author Topic: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland  (Read 59116 times)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland
« Reply #126 on: Monday 15 June 15 09:02 BST (UK) »
Yes, I saw that on familysearch.org - though it's not clear whether its a certificate (i.e., more info) or a registration record (i.e., less).  Thanks very much - I'll follow up on this.
All the best, Frances - much appreciated,
Jo
The record will have information i.e persons address @ time of death, Informant who registered death (may be a family member) :)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Monday 15 June 15 14:29 BST (UK) »
Confide - Jo, no marriage or Baptism records in Midleton for your family. :)

Offline mick cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK - JOHN ROCHE
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, I am trying to find birth details of a John Roche apparently born in Midleton somewhere between 1800 & 1810.   I saw tbis string and was intrigued by the reference to a Catherine Roche, who was born somewhat later than my Roche.    Can anyone help please.   Thank you very much.   Mick Cooper

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, I am trying to find birth details of a John Roche apparently born in Midleton somewhere between 1800 & 1810.   I saw tbis string and was intrigued by the reference to a Catherine Roche, who was born somewhat later than my Roche.    Can anyone help please.   Thank you very much.   Mick Cooper

Hi you can now check the registers at www.registers.nli.ie for free.  I recall from memory the Midleton ones begin in 1819.  :)

Offline mick cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Monday 20 July 15 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for that; the problem is that I am looking for John Roche born before 1819.     I was thinking of a range 1800-1810 although the lower end may be as far back as 1798 with the upper end probably more realistically at 1807.   Mick

Offline Now Voyager

• RootsChat Extra
  • Lynch family looking for Mansfields from Midleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 14:01 GMT (UK) »

MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 02:20 GMT (UK) »

Hello Frances,

Thank you for all your help so far and for letting me know the grave location for Midleton Workhouse, my Great Great Grandfather William Hayes is buried there.

Hi Frances, I hope you don't mind me piggybacking on this thread but I'm also looking for the location of the graves of those who were in Midleton Workhouse when they died. My paternal great grandmother, Maria (Mary) Mansfield died in the Workhouse in 1900 and we have no further knowledge of her.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Jane
Mansfield
Prenderville, Prendiville, Prendaville
Nagle
Lynch

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 16:04 GMT (UK) »

MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 02:20 GMT (UK) »

Hello Frances,

Thank you for all your help so far and for letting me know the grave location for Midleton Workhouse, my Great Great Grandfather William Hayes is buried there.

Hi Frances, I hope you don't mind me piggybacking on this thread but I'm also looking for the location of the graves of those who were in Midleton Workhouse when they died. My paternal great grandmother, Maria (Mary) Mansfield died in the Workhouse in 1900 and we have no further knowledge of her.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Jane
Hi Jane, Mary Mansfield died 27th Feb 1900 age 35 yrs & a widow. Diabetes. Do you know her husbands name & also her maiden name.
Having checked the local graveyards it is not showing any for Mary.  While there are Mansfield burials they are from the 1950's & more recent years. Rgds Frances

Offline Now Voyager

• RootsChat Extra
  • Lynch family looking for Mansfields from Midleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Frances.  I had that information (sorry should have said). The death certificate says widow but previous records show that she was unmarried.  She gave birth to John Mansfield in the workhouse on 23 June 1864. He remained in the workhouse for some.months after her death in 1900 and was adopted by Michael Lynch and Ellen Prendergast.  We are trying to find out where the paupers from the workhouse were buried.  Ultimately wed would also like to find out the name of the father of her child (my grandfather) but that seems very unlikely. 
Mansfield
Prenderville, Prendiville, Prendaville
Nagle
Lynch

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Frances.  I had that information (sorry should have said). The death certificate says widow but previous records show that she was unmarried.  She gave birth to John Mansfield in the workhouse on 23 June 1864. He remained in the workhouse for some.months after her death in 1900 and was adopted by Michael Lynch and Ellen Prendergast.  We are trying to find out where the paupers from the workhouse were buried.  Ultimately wed would also like to find out the name of the father of her child (my grandfather) but that seems very unlikely. 
John was born 23rd June 1894 not 1864. You will not be able to find his fathers name unless it was given on birth cert.  Where were Michael Lynch * Ellen Prendergast living - were they a married couple.  Do you have the names of parents of Mary Mansfield?
Regarding burial - there is a Paupers graveyard St Josephs near where I live but my understanding is the burials there were from the time of the Famine from the workhouse. Will make further enquiries.  Reason I ask Marys parents names (do you have her birth Cert) is she may be buried with other family members i.e her father/mother. What area did the family reside in Midleton? On Johns adoption was his surname changed?