Author Topic: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland  (Read 59040 times)

Offline Now Voyager

• RootsChat Extra
  • Lynch family looking for Mansfields from Midleton
    • View Profile
Re: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Apologies again Frances.  You're so kind. You're quite right. It was 1894. Mary's parents are Patrick Mansfield and Frances (Fanny McCarthy). Patrick died in 1886 and Frances died in 1894 (same quarter as Mary gave birth).  Mary also has a sister Margaret who died aged 18 in 1874. Mary also had two brothers,  Michael and Jeremiah.  We dint have any adoption papers for John Mansfield though.  But he was living as Lynch in both the 1901 and 1911 census.
Mansfield
Prenderville, Prendiville, Prendaville
Nagle
Lynch

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Apologies again Frances.  You're so kind. You're quite right. It was 1894. Mary's parents are Patrick Mansfield and Frances (Fanny McCarthy). Patrick died in 1886 and Frances died in 1894 (same quarter as Mary gave birth).  Mary also has a sister Margaret who died aged 18 in 1874. Mary also had two brothers,  Michael and Jeremiah.  We dint have any adoption papers for John Mansfield though.  But he was living as Lynch in both the 1901 and 1911 census.
Cant see John in 1901 but is this him in 1911 in Rostellan as a Boarder with Michael & Ellen Lynch.  Their marriage Michael Lynch & Ellen Prendeville Fathers James Lynch & Denis Prendeville. Their addresses given as East Ferry Midleton 1st August 1897.
Do you have Jeremiahs details - Marriage in Ballintotis Church 14th Feb 1882 to Margaret Ryan.
Fathers are Patrick Mansfield & James Ryan. They are on 1901 & 1911 Censuses living in Broomfield West Midleton.  Havent uncovered any documented burials for the families pre 1950s. In those times not every family could afford a gravestone . Will keep digging.  Frances

Offline ybyana

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Friday 24 February 17 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Frances, Iain et al.,
FYI, I had no luck getting in touch with Richard Ross, much to my disappointment.  Iain, your recent post has piqued my interest enough that I might try again.  Additionally, a distant Ross cousin who lives here in Canada (BC) will be in Ireland in late June, taking a genealogy course and visiting Midleton.  I am trying to muster up some good leads for her to look in to.
Regards to all,
Christopher Ross.
Hi I am from the Ross family Richard is my cousin and his father Sandy my uncle.  They live in Anglesey Wales along with my brother who grew up in Midleton after my mother Louise died young.  I would love to help you with any information, if I can.  Sandy is the only sibling still alive.  Sandy Ross had sisters Jean, Anita, Betty and my mother Louise.
Kind regards
Yana

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Friday 24 February 17 14:40 GMT (UK) »
FYI, I had no luck getting in touch with Richard Ross, much to my disappointment.  Iain, your recent post has piqued my interest enough that I might try again.  Additionally, a distant Ross cousin who lives here in Canada (BC) will be in Ireland in late June, taking a genealogy course and visiting Midleton.  I am trying to muster up some good leads for her to look in to.
Regards to all,
Christopher Ross.
Hi I am from the Ross family Richard is my cousin and his father Sandy my uncle.  They live in Anglesey Wales along with my brother who grew up in Midleton after my mother Louise died young.  I would love to help you with any information, if I can.  Sandy is the only sibling still alive.  Sandy Ross had sisters Jean, Anita, Betty and my mother Louise.
Kind regards
Yana
Hello Yana welcome to roots chat.  After you make (I think) 3 posts you will then be able to correspond with other posters by Private Message (PM) So to contact Chris1269 go to search box on Main Forum Page type in name & when you retrieve his info you will see the PM facility on his Profile page. If you have any problem let me know. Rgds Ballydw (You can respond to this message)

Offline LOUISE MARY

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Thursday 03 August 17 17:35 BST (UK) »
date=1487896752]
Regards to all,
Christopher Ross.
Kind regards
Yana
[/quote] Hello Yana welcome to roots chat.  After you make (I think) 3 posts you will then be able to correspond with other posters by Private Message (PM) So to contact Chris1269 go to search box on Main Forum Page type in name & when you retrieve his info you will see the PM facility on his Profile page. If you have any problem let me know. Rgds Ballydw (You can respond to this message)
[/quote]

Hi My Name is Louise M O Brien.From Midleton Sandy and Louise were my first cousins .
We lived in Midleton.Co Cork.
My Father Kevin Thomas O'Brien was Sandys Uncle.
His Sister Margrette Ursula was married to A Garnett Ross as we knew him .
All worked in the Distillery.
Sandy married a Mary Power and had only one son Richard.
They were all older then me Richard would be the same age as my older siblings.
Would've to hear from.you both.
Regards cousin
Louise Mary O Brien .
NJ USA.

Offline Mary G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Sunday 03 December 17 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frances,

I was wondering if you are still doing look-ups for Midleton??

I would be so greatful if you could check a record for me....a Marriage between Mary Glaveen and Patrick Collins.  The date of the Marriage is 6th August 1891.  The copy of the Civil record, isn't available.   I am trying to track Mary Glavin b. Youghal 1847, father John Glaveen, mother Mary Walsh.
(From what I can gather from 1901 Census, there is one Patrick Collins with wife Mary in Midleton area.  Mary is his second wife.  O'Keeffe is his first wife.)

Thank you.

Mary (Scanlon)
Scanlon/Glavin/Murphy.
Lehane/Duggan/Leary

Offline athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Sunday 03 December 17 19:59 GMT (UK) »
image of the civil marriage register - Patrick Collins and Mary Glaveen 6th August 1891

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Sunday 03 December 17 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frances,

I was wondering if you are still doing look-ups for Midleton??

I would be so greatful if you could check a record for me....a Marriage between Mary Glaveen and Patrick Collins.  The date of the Marriage is 6th August 1891.  The copy of the Civil record, isn't available.   I am trying to track Mary Glavin b. Youghal 1847, father John Glaveen, mother Mary Walsh.
(From what I can gather from 1901 Census, there is one Patrick Collins with wife Mary in Midleton area.  Mary is his second wife.  O'Keeffe is his first wife.)

Thank you.

Mary (Scanlon)
Hi Mary I see another poster has given you the Civil record. If you need any further assistance let me know.  I notice on Civil record Marys father is Matthew Glaveen. There is a Matthew Glavin in 1901 census in Ballybrannigan DED INCH CORK wife Mary.  This could be the family as Marys marriage took place in Cloyne which is not far from Inch Matthew Glavin also same place in 1911 census. Rgds Frances

Offline Mary G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Sunday 03 December 17 21:46 GMT (UK) »

[/quote] Hi Mary I see another poster has given you the Civil record. If you need any further assistance let me know. Rgds Frances
[/quote]

Hi Frances,

I don't have the Civil Record, a copy of it isn't available on Irish Genealogy.  All that was available there, was the date and the name of the spouse, Patrick Collins.

I am hoping the Church record might contain the witnesses, perhaps an address, which might or not give a direction to search further or not.

Any help would be so appreciated, Frances.

Mary
Scanlon/Glavin/Murphy.
Lehane/Duggan/Leary