Author Topic: Death in Kingston, Frontenac, Ontario, Canada.  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Gray865

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death in Kingston, Frontenac, Ontario, Canada.
« on: Wednesday 06 February 13 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rootschatters,  I hope you can help me. I've been trying to locate the deaths of  Allan Pollock born 1875 Renfrewshire, Scotland he was a master butcher in Scotland when he emigrated to Canada in 1919 but may gone into farming  He was married to Helen Stewart Rolland who died in 1926 in Kingston, Frontenac.  Also his son named Allan born 1907 in Glasgow.  He married Demetre Smook in Canada, she died 2011. Any information would be appreciated.  Gray865

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death in Kingston, Frontenac, Ontario, Canada.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gray865.

I don't see either party in the Ontario Deaths index but it is only currently available to the public up to about 1939 due to privacy laws.

Helen's death certificate indicates she was buried in Cataraqui Cemetery. You could try contacting them to ask if Allen or his son are buried with or near Helen. Here is a link .... there is contact info on the website.

http://www.cataraquicemetery.ca/index.cfm/home/

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gray865

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you PB for the link to the cemetery, it looks a beautiful place.  I've never seen Helen's death certificate so didn't know her burial place, would you mind PM it to me?  I should have remembered about privacy laws as her husband is from a line of long livers.        Many thanks, Gray865

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 22:46 GMT (UK) »
The OCFA has Allan Pollock, Helen (Rolland) Pollock and Lizzie E. Pollock in Section D of Cataraqui Cemetery, Kingston. Margaret Pollock Section M, Edna C. Pollock New Section A and Robert Pollock Burial Register Vol. 1 (1853-1875) in Cataraqui.
Allan Pollock Jr. buried in Sanctuary Park, Port Elgin, Saugeen Twp., Bruce County, Ontario.
Allen D. Pollock and Allen J. Pollock buried in Town of Englehart, Temiskaming, Ontario.

Offline Gray865

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 February 13 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi polarbear,  Catarqui Cemetery replied to my query, Allan lived until 1972 age 97.
Hi lanarman, what is the OCFA? Allan and Helen are a couple - I don't think Lizzie E. belongs to them.   The Allan Pollock Jr. in Sanctuary Park, is there any other info on him at this cemetery?
Gray865

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 February 13 21:59 GMT (UK) »
HI Gray865

OCFA - Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid.  Use the search facility to locate your family.

http://ocfa.islandnet.com/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gray865

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 February 13 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this info Sandra.  Gray 865

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 08 February 13 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi again.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know how I would PM said record your way. It is available through Ancestry World or Canada sub. Do you have access? If not, your local public library may subscribe to Ancestry Library Edition, through which you w/b able to access the record. Your local Family History Center (the familysearch.org folk) may also subscribe to Ancestry.

Or ... someone more computer savvy may pop in.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline Gray865

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 08 February 13 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks anyway polarbear.  I'll look for Ancestry 14 day free access and see how I get on - this will be a challenge  ::)  Gray865