Author Topic: nicholas grey/gray and mary coe/coo  (Read 4013 times)

Offline wilrob

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: nicholas grey/gray and mary coe/coo
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you for the information I have the family in my tree I have spent all day trying to get back to you but my pc packed up. Jeremiah is my fourth great grand uncle his wife Mary Anne grey was the daughter of the Nicholas grey and Mary Coe... I cannot find my great grandfather before 1875 when he married but jeremiah was the witness at his wedding if I can be of any help drop me a line
Kind regards
Jen

Offline PaulThommo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Steady Aim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 October 16 06:36 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you for the information I have the family in my tree I have spent all day trying to get back to you but my pc packed up. Jeremiah is my fourth great grand uncle his wife Mary Anne grey was the daughter of the Nicholas grey and Mary Coe... I cannot find my great grandfather before 1875 when he married but jeremiah was the witness at his wedding if I can be of any help drop me a line
Kind regards
Jen
Hi Jen, thanks for the reply. William Dobson, Jeremiah's elder brother is my G G Grandfather, the wonderful people at RootsChat found out all about him when I drew blanks. He was a Master Mariner and died at sea and was buried in Malta in 1853. One of William's daughters married my G Grandfather, a Thompson and that's my surname.
Just in case you don't have this information, Jeremiah's father, also called Jeremiah (1796 - 1854) married Eleanor Turnbull 3 October 1820 and had 3 other children, Isabella b. 1826, George b.1828 and John b.1835. Eleanor died in 1837 and Jeremiah remarried and had 4 more children.
If you have the birth and death dates for Mary Ann I would be grateful to add to my records. I presume she was from South Shields (Westoe?) and died there.
Also there is a website: www.curiousfox.com I looked at it ages ago and came across this entry:
Dobson - Jeremiah b.1822 married Mary Ann Grey in 1848 in South Shields - children, Nicholas, William, John G, Thomas, Mary Ann. His father also called Jeremiah, mother called Eleanor, living at Commercial Road, Westoe, South Shields. Any descendants?
I put this to one side as I was nowhere near this far back and when I rediscovered it recently replied back to it, unfortunately it had been posted in 2005 and the email bounced back, so I wonder who it could have been!!!!
Cheers, Paul
Thompson - Stokesley, Great Ayton, Little Ayton &  Easby Nth Yorkshire. Westoe, South Shields, Gateshead
Dobson - Westoe & South Shields
Jefferson - South Shields
Rippon - Jarrow & South Shields
Purves & Harvey - South Shields

Offline wilrob

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 October 16 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul
I'm on my phone I have been and got another pc so hopefully will get it set up and we can share all the info...I haven't been on curious fox ...but if you come across a George  (Maurice marshall) Wilson let me know as this man I cannot find anywhere and no else on roots chat can so hopefully I will be up and running tomorrow 😆😆