Author Topic: Completed !! The Davies of Loughborough Bible reunited  (Read 8867 times)

Offline fin

• RootsChat Member
  • CENSUS AND BMD INFORMATION IS NOT COPYRIGHT
    • View Profile
Completed !! The Davies of Loughborough Bible reunited
« on: Thursday 14 February 13 13:06 GMT (UK) »
I'm finally admitting defeat :-\

I bought this bible in a second hand bookshop in Coventry.  I have been trying to locate descendants of the original family but they appear to have all died out or possibly emigrated. I would appreciate any help in locating any direct or indirect descendant so that I may return it to the family if at all possible.

What I know of the family is here: http://loughborodavies.tribalpages.com
Census LAYOUT and IMAGES ONLY are Copyright. INFORMATION gleaned from those sources is not:-
SOURCE: OPSI, Information Policy and Services Directorate, The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU
Licensing(OPSI) [Reuse@nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk]

Gore, Marsden, Bright. Cassidy, Cushnaghan, McNeill, Mulgrew, Lakeman. Williamson, Marriner, Sparrow, Page, Drury, Jones

Certificate & Census layouts are Crown Copyright. The information contained on them is NOT

Offline pricewynne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Davies of Loughborough Bible
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 January 14 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi I think I may be a relative??

My mum still lives in Loughborough the family name morphed from Davies to Davis but in living memory.

I have a family tree on ancestry.co.uk which is public. Richard Davies !836 was my great grandfather.
He died in the workhouse in Loughborough but his son Reuben became a site manager for William Mosses.

Let me know if it sounds right or if you would like some more information. I would love to see any information contained in the bible. As Reuben was a builder he moved around the country and travelled light we have precious little record of the family history.

Hope to hear from you,

ps my tree name is rachprice1

Rachael

Offline fin

• RootsChat Member
  • CENSUS AND BMD INFORMATION IS NOT COPYRIGHT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 January 14 13:31 GMT (UK) »
As of about 10.30 this morning your mother now has the Bible in her care :)
Census LAYOUT and IMAGES ONLY are Copyright. INFORMATION gleaned from those sources is not:-
SOURCE: OPSI, Information Policy and Services Directorate, The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU
Licensing(OPSI) [Reuse@nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk]

Gore, Marsden, Bright. Cassidy, Cushnaghan, McNeill, Mulgrew, Lakeman. Williamson, Marriner, Sparrow, Page, Drury, Jones

Certificate & Census layouts are Crown Copyright. The information contained on them is NOT

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 January 14 20:51 GMT (UK) »
How wonderful Fin and Racheal, so lovely to see it back with the family.

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk