Author Topic: looking for info on 1960s mother and baby home 7 Trinity rd,Hoylake,Wirral  (Read 4739 times)

Offline blackrod

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for info on 1960s mother and baby home 7 Trinity rd,Hoylake,Wirral
« on: Thursday 14 February 13 16:30 GMT (UK) »
can anyone help,trying to trace the birth mother  of my husband,she is named on his birth cert.as living at 7 trinity rd in 1960,,he was adopted aged 5 weeks.,

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for info on 1960s mother and baby home 7 Trinity rd,Hoylake,Wirral
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 February 13 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome
I have amended your post to remove details of living people.

RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Personal details of any people known or thought to be living will be removed, in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. So people here will be able to give you general tips and hints how to proceed, but not any concrete details.

You will also find more tips here:

Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,261434.0.html
and
Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

I suggest you contact the Adoptions section at the General Register Office (GRO) at Southport.    There is an 0151 telephone number here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/Adoptionrecords/DG_175567

and some more information about files here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/Adoptionrecords/DG_175588

Good luck in your search.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 February 13 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi blackrod

Prospect House (M&B), 7 Trinity Road, Hoylake, Wirral

Run or used by
Cheshire Social Services; Manchester & District Child Adoption Society (1944-1978)

The records may be with Manchester Social Services Dept but I don't have current contact details, possibly 25 Rochdale Road, Manchester. The info I have may be out of date.

Hope this helps.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Atkinsbsa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Blackrod
I hope this gets to you after such a long time. I'm also was a baby from Prospect house like your husband, I was born in April 1962, I have managed to find my mother but she had died in 2006 and I did not find her till 2014, but i have found my half siblings and we get on great. I came over to the UK to meet them in 2015 then found there were more, LOL so another trip is in the making.

There seems to be a lot of questions about Prospect House on Trinity St, Hoylake so I'm sending you this link to a page I have just set up. These things take a long time to get going, but its a start for o many out there mothers and babies. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/515578912157999/?ref=group_header

Brian

Offline blackrod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 18:25 GMT (UK) »
hi Brian thankyou for taking the time to contact us, since the post we have amazingly traced the birth mother and the father, all lived within an hour of our house.
the birth mother sadly died aged 30 from cancer and father died 11 years ago,but we have met relatives through facebook and keep in touch with the 3 half siblings my husband has .

Offline blackrod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile

Offline Atkinsbsa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Yes it has been knocked down and as hard as I have looked I cannot find one picture of the place.
I have contact local library's, County hall and looked under many rocks, I'm usually quite resourceful. 

I have started a Facebook page to see If we can find any other mothers or babies from Prospect House
https://www.facebook.com/groups/515578912157999/ I know this route will take a long time, but im patient

Offline Atkinsbsa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Im so glad you have made contact with your husbands siblings, thats wonderful news. Both of mine were died as well mother age 56 and father 31, but I have found most of the bloodline on both their sides and a few pieces of info have helped. I was at Prospect house in April 62. 

Offline Atkinsbsa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 20:31 GMT (UK) »
We now have a picture of Prospect house on trinity street, thank you to some lovely people in Hoylake.
It on the right in the picture just about where the lady is stepping on to the path