Author Topic: James Rusland - Marion Williamson Shapinsay when did they die ?  (Read 3732 times)

Offline tkgafs

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Rusland - Marion Williamson Shapinsay when did they die ?
« on: Saturday 16 February 13 01:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

perhaps someone can help track down the death records for James Rusland and Marion Williamson

James the son of Elspit Boag and William Rusland was born 07 Aug 1770 in Shapinsay

Marion is probably the daughter of James Williamson and Jean Allan born 09 Oct 1774 in Shapinsay

James and Marion marry on 24 Dec 1800 in Shapinsay

I know the couple has at least 3 children

Elizabeth Russell born 19 May 1802 Shapinsay
William Russell born 22 Jun 1804 Shapinsay
Margaret Russell born 26 Sep 1806 Shapinsay

But I cannot find any trace of either James or Marion dying, although it would seems possible she died after the birth of Margaret as she would only be 22 and there doesnt appear to be any more children

A James Rusland married a Barbara Thomson on 26 Mar 1820   in South Ronaldsay,Orkney,Scotland and has another 4 children but I dont think it is the same James Rusland

A more likely candidate is James Russell living at Shoreside Shapinsay in 1841 with a William Russell

they give years of birth of 1771 and 1811 respectivly both of which are in the right area

James is still there in 1851 but disappears before 1861

any help gratefully received

Tkgafs

Offline akc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • st magnus cathedral
    • View Profile
Re: James Rusland - Marion Williamson Shapinsay when did they die ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 February 13 21:54 GMT (UK) »
there,s a death for a james rusland in shapinsay 1819 and a death in shapinsay for a marion williamson in 1840, both on scotlands people, no age given so no way of knowing if they are the ones you are looking for, cant find any monumental inscriptions for either of them on ofhs

akc
Dumfriesshire: Bell, Kerr, Dickson, Hetherington
Orkney: Cursiter, Peace, Drever, Cooper, Paterson, Brock, Leslie, Malcomson, Miller, Scott
Cumberland: Charlton, Young

Offline tkgafs

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Rusland - Marion Williamson Shapinsay when did they die ?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 February 13 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the update I had found the Marion Williamson death record as well, but dubious its the correct person.

I have also found a James Russell dying 16 Sep 1854 which I think might be the correct James but havent paid Scotlands people for the images yet so not sure exactly what they'll show.

The 1851 census says the James Russell is Williams father

Tkgafs