Author Topic: Ballycastle Parish Registers on-line  (Read 4291 times)

Offline oishiidesu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ballycastle Parish Registers on-line
« on: Saturday 16 February 13 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Some of the parish registers for Ballycastle (includes Doonfeeny and Kilbride civil parishes) have recently been transcribed and are now on-line.  These registers include names of parents, often with maiden names, and are free to search or browse.

Marriages:  http://goldenlangan.com/bcreg-marr.html

Deaths:  http://goldenlangan.com/bcreg-deaths.html

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ballycastle Parish Registers on-line
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 February 13 00:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi oishiidesu,
Thank you for this information, it's great. I have added it to the resources section.

It is very interesting. I found the marriage of my aunt's parents in law (hope you can follow that  :D).

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 February 13 02:25 GMT (UK) »
woo hoooooo.... There was great excitement here today, when I actually thought that finally I would be able to access Ballycastle parish registers - even got the name of the church right - St. bridgets..... but lesson learned - I really need to read the details.  It didn't dawn on me, that this all referred to Ballycastle - County Mayo, not the Ballycastle County Antrim where my dear old uncle lived and died in 1985.  He married a local Rathlin Island girl, - one of a long standing island family - so thought i might at least get some info on her family - couldn't understand why there wasn't even one mention of her family name, nor of Rathlin Island. Duhhhhhh!

We live and learn - serves me right for forgetting that location names can be repeated time and again in Ireland.  Oh well, excitement over - Good luck to those searching Co. Mayo ancestors - Happy hunting!
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline kaknmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 September 13 03:46 BST (UK) »
Hello,

if anyone has any knowledge of Cardens in the Ballycastle area, I would be very pleased to read it.

My great grandmother was born we think in Carrowniskey, Doonfeeney, early in the 1840's.  We think her parents were William and Catherine.
She emigrated to the U.S. and married Michael Cox, (Mayo) in 1863).  She died and left five children in 1874.

Thank you,
kaknmo

Offline oishiidesu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 September 13 19:01 BST (UK) »
Try searching for "Carden" at http://goldenlangan.com/search.html