Author Topic: George Neal-Joseph Neal and Elizabeth Aitchison +Ontario,Canada  (Read 3211 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
George Neal-Joseph Neal and Elizabeth Aitchison +Ontario,Canada
« on: Sunday 17 February 13 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Aitchison born  1818 in Scot.,married 1st to George Neal in 1840 Newcastle Dist.
This couple had 3 known children.
Then it appears that George Neal dies c 1846 ish.
Elizabeth then marries Joseph Neal (widow ?) c 1849 ,possibly Hope Twp.,Durham Co., Ont
This couple appear to have had 6 known children.
One of their daughters born 1861 is my great grandmother.
I am seeking help on the death of George Neal,(have Joseph's death as April 1867 Hope Twp.)
Seeking proof of parents of both George and Joseph Neal...and were they indeed brothers.
I do believe that Joseph was a widower
Have Elizabeth's death as Jan 10 1894 in Lakefield,Peterborough,Ont.
Willing to share what and exchange what I have.
It appears that these folks were "Bible Christian"
Any info much appreciated,....as I have let this sit on the back burner ,way too long.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: George Neal-Joseph Neal and Elizabeth Aitchison +Ontario,Canada
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 February 13 15:22 GMT (UK) »
You may have this information, but according to an online family tree:
Joseph Neal, born 1795, died 1867 in Perrytown, Hope Township.  (BibleXian? Cemetery)

Joseph married Susan Haw.  Susan died in 1842.  Their children were:
John Neal, born 1822, York Road, County of Durham.  He apparently was baptised in Maltby in the Marsh, Lincolnshire, England.  He (the family?) came to Canada in 1830. John and his wife had 14 children.  John died in 1902, Indiana, USA.
William Neal (no further information)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)