Author Topic: James Norman 1841 -1914  (Read 4123 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Norman 1841 -1914
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 February 13 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Yes I did - I have just spent the past hour or so trying to find him in 1841 and 1851 but he remains elusive.  There is no 1841 entry for a William Norman french polisher who was old enough to be his father.

What I have (possibly) found is that Rhoda was probably Rhoda Snoswell parents James & Matilda and the reason they perhaps never married is that she married in Kent in 1861 to either Ambrose Collard or George Brown.   

I can't find an 1871/1881 entry for either of those males with a wife Rhoda and can't find a death for Rhoda Collard or Brown between 1861-1871
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline leonab

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 February 13 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks carole for looking all those up.     :)  I am not sure it is her though.   :-\ If there is ever anything I can try to look up for you just say. 

Offline king otg

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 March 13 13:03 GMT (UK) »
There is a baptism of a James Clerk NORMAN at Swansea St John in 1839

Offline J.Turner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 January 17 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have only just read this post. My Gandma was Florence Norman, James's Daughter.

I don't know a great deal about the Family but can find out more from my Dad. It would be good to share information.

Offline leonab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 06 January 17 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi My Great grandfather was James Norman and he was your 2x great grandfather.  I am the granddaughter of his son James, the brother of Florence who I knew as Aunty Flo.  I met her a few times in Shropshire.  Have you a tree on Ancestry so we can share information.  I think I may have been in contact with your Dad a couple of years ago.  His funeral report in the Worlds Fair mentions nephews and nieces but I cannot find any brothers or sisters or parents - it has been my brickwall for years.  Do you know the names of any?

Leona

Offline J.Turner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 06 January 17 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leona

It's really nice to have found you! I don't have a Family Tree on Ancestry yet as I have literally just started this today! I will start to build one. Where do you live? I live in Shropshire, near Shrewsbury.

Kind Regards

Jane

Offline leonab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 06 January 17 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane

I am glad to meet you. I was Leona Norman before I married.  I just looked at my tree and tried to work out whose daughter you were but I failed and don't seem to have you down - there was I thinking I had all the martins, Englands etc.  I do have a harry turner married to Florence England but I only have a son down - Kenneth.  What is your place on the tree.  We will have to exchange email addresses because it is silly for cousins to be putting everything on here for all to see.  I am not sure how to private message on here but will investigate.  Ask your Dad about the old James Norman's brothers etc will you?  I live in Needingworth Cambridgeshire.  One of your other cousins lives in Shropshire, also called jane.

Offline J.Turner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 06 January 17 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leona

This is so interesting! My Dad is "Kenneth Pete" Son of Harry and Florence. He never uses the name Kenneth and is known as Pete. I also have a Sister called Lisa. My Mother is Joyce Ellen Turner (nee Mapp).

I will ask him about old James Norman brothers. I will see him tomorrow so will let you know next week.

I look forward to chatting to you again soon!

Kind Regards

Jane

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 06 January 17 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane and welcome to RootsChat...you will need to remove your email address as it is against RootsChat privacy policy to prevent spamming...you do this by using the modify button on the right...edit yout email out and save.
Added...now done
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU