Author Topic: WILLIAM CRAMMOND b 1802 Dundee  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Beverley Nicholson

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • ...for God, for country, and for YALE
    • View Profile
WILLIAM CRAMMOND b 1802 Dundee
« on: Friday 09 July 04 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am looking for the ancestors of William Crammond b 1802 in Dundee.  He married Mary Crichton (d of David Crichton  and Charlotte McKenzie) on Dec 15, 1837 in Murroes, Dundee (please forgive me if the spelling is incorrect with this one-)  My great aunt told me that he was married 3 times, however the mother of all of his children was Mary Crichton.
His daughter, Mary Ann, married a George Bell and went to Australia in the 1870's. His daughter Charlotte was killed in the Baxter Brothers Mill in Dundee.  His daughter Alice was born in Dundee in 1845 , married Robert Keith Nicholson, and emigrated to Fall River, Massachusetts.
I believe William Crammond was employed in some manner associated with the shipping industry.
Looking for his parents and ancestors and also to make the connection with the Bell family in Australia.  Somehow, a Provost Asquist from the Scottish Regalia is associated with this family as well as well as an auntie Sheith Crammond.
Sound familiar to anyone?  Thanks in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Beverly in Rhode Island
NICHOLSON- Cheshire England and Dundee, Scotland.  <br />Also Wright, Marlor, Redman, France, Walters, Crresswell, Stephenson, Crossland, Watson- ENGLAND <br />Crammond, Keith, Crighton, Haggart, Mill, McKenzie, Crocat, Farquharson, Kea - SCOTLAND<br />Derrigg, Moran- IRELAND<br /><br />SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME RESEARCH!!  :)

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM CRAMMOND b 1802 Dundee
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 July 04 02:37 BST (UK) »
on Scotlandspeople web site the only birth there for a William Crammond in that era was the following:

9 Nov 1800 CRAMMOND WILLIAM 

son of    WILLIAM CRAMMOND/HELLIN HENDRY FR764    M        DUFFUS 131/00 0003

Duffus was an estate in Morayshire... there was no William Crammond born in 1802 in Dundee as far as I could see...
It would be probably worth your while getting a copy of the Marriage Cert reference number is  282/00 0022 as this is likely to give you his fathers name

Best wishes on your search

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Beverley Nicholson

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • ...for God, for country, and for YALE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 August 04 16:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking.  What do the numbers after Helin's name mean? FR764?
I do know that my William Crammond was married in Murroes (sp??) Is this part of Dundee or Morayshire?
Thanks,
Bev
NICHOLSON- Cheshire England and Dundee, Scotland.  <br />Also Wright, Marlor, Redman, France, Walters, Crresswell, Stephenson, Crossland, Watson- ENGLAND <br />Crammond, Keith, Crighton, Haggart, Mill, McKenzie, Crocat, Farquharson, Kea - SCOTLAND<br />Derrigg, Moran- IRELAND<br /><br />SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME RESEARCH!!  :)

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 August 04 21:32 BST (UK) »
Sorry to have taken so long to reply... was away on hols....

The numbers are the reference numbers you would need to have if you wanted to get the certificate from Edinburgh Records office.

as for Murroes I cannot say where it is... sorry

best wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland