Author Topic: help with passenger on the "Ascania" bound for Halifax Nova Scotia 1947  (Read 679 times)

Offline whifflet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
help with passenger on the "Ascania" bound for Halifax Nova Scotia 1947
« on: Tuesday 26 February 13 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Please help me to find the Death of my family member who went to Canada 1947 leaving from Liverpool on 20th December.  I have the passenger list but cant find out anything about him after he landed there and where he died.  His name is George McPhail, he took with him his wife (Helen) with a son Matthew, I cant find any info. on them from family search and no marriage for Matthew, if anyone can enlighten me I would be most grateful.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: help with passenger on the "Ascania" bound for Halifax Nova Scotia 1947
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Please see reply posted on the Canada board.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline whifflet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: help with passenger on the "Ascania" bound for Halifax Nova Scotia 1947
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 22:56 GMT (UK) »
  Thankyou Polarbear for your reply.  I had a look at the pictures of arrivals and found one of the passengers on the Ascania they look so happy.  It looks like my g. uncle and his family had to go to Liverpool to board the ship, as it didnt say it stopped at Glasgow, am I right?  I found out from an old relative in Scotland that they settled in St Catherines Ontario but for how long and I cant find a death certificate for the head or the son.  Never mind at least I knew where they lived in Canada it looks a lovely place not far from the border with the States and near Niagra Falls!!!  thanks for your information