Author Topic: lawrence kent family wexford  (Read 10913 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
lawrence kent family wexford
« on: Thursday 07 March 13 15:09 GMT (UK) »
hi i was wondering if there are any descendants of lawrence kent of donard co wexford 1911 census son of robert kent and mary kate whitty was living with his uncle patrick kent on 1911 census his sister married a doyle and succeeded to the farm at donard.would like to get in contact to share family history. robert kent my great grandfather.

Offline tomalacey

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: lawrence kent family wexford
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hello, I believe I am a descendant of the Kent family.
I believe that Lawrence had 2 sisters,Ellen and Mary Ann.
Ellen (my maternal grandmother) married Thomas Doyle.
Mary Ann never married, and died in 1966 in Gorey.
The farm passed to the eldest daughter of Ellen and Thomas. This daughter married a Kavanagh, and
the land remains in the Kavanagh family.
Any of the Kavanagh family would be related to you by way of Ellen Kent.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 11:41 BST (UK) »
hi tomalacey,great to finally make a connection after all these years are you one of the lacey/doyles. when my aunt brigid died around 2000 i actually found mary annes death certificate for 1966 in her possessions also photos of the doyle lacey family. my grandmother was mary kate kent sister of ellen and mary anne ,she married denis o'neill in dublin 1911.do you know the sad story of 1900/1901 re the kent sisters and lawrence.

Offline tomalacey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 11:46 BST (UK) »
Fantastic to meet you. Yes I am Tom Lacey formerly of Gorey.
I visited "Uncle Dennis" in Dublin as a kid.Did his back garden run down to a river?
No I have no idea of the Kent family history and would love to hear it.
My e-mail is *.
Many thanks in anticipation Tom

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 12:29 BST (UK) »
yes dinny lived in st agnes tce rathfarnham on the banks of the river dodder, unfortunately his daughter bridie went senile in the early 2000s and we had to sell the cottage to provide for her upkeep in a nursing home about 400 quid a week,she died a few months later from pneumonia then my mother the last of mary kates children died in 2006 in her 80s , there is only one other branch of the family left in dublin besides mine the rest are in birmingham.did you know ellens mother mary kate whitty was married twice and there was two children born to the first marriage about 1878 to 1880 her first husband was michael gorman and he died in 1880 and his son michael junior was born same year ,i think i found him on 1901 census as a farm labourer with another family but other than that i cant trace his line. mary kate whitty was the daughter of a thomas whitty of Palace co wexford. when you have made 3 posts on this forum you can send me your email address or home address as some of the documentation will have to be photocopied as i would be here for a week trying to write it all out.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 12:47 BST (UK) »
have you seen my other posts on this forum ''mary kate whitty/gorman;; in april and'' president kennedy/ryan connection''

Offline tomalacey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 13:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for all your info. Yes I had spotted the Whitty posts but had not read the Kennedy posts yet.
I did not know about the Whitty connection. I believe that there is a Walsh connection in that the original owners of Donard were the Walsh family.
I had heard that there was some dispute over the land going to Ellen Doyle and that Laurence was more than upset by this.Then the land went to the eldest daughter "Dolly" who ,married David Kavanagh, and the land remains with their children.
Best regards, Tom

Offline tomalacey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 13:08 BST (UK) »
Dathai, just read the JFK post!!
The photo that you describe is obviously a visit we made to see my sister Elizabeth, who was a nun in the Good Shepherd order. The very tall man will be my dad Martin.
My e-mail address is * and I would dearly love a scan of this and any other photos you have.
Many many thanks Tom

Moderator Note : Email addresses not permitted in posts - see earlier note

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 14:03 BST (UK) »
sorry tom i can just about google on the computer asking me to scan is a no no i havent a clue or the facilities to do so,sorry. as i said before it will have to be by post or email,which you should be able to do now,just click on your name in top left of your posting and you will see send pm.