Author Topic: Sarah and John Doran  (Read 2448 times)

Offline alisonbcd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sarah and John Doran
« on: Thursday 07 March 13 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Have hit a brick wall with Sarah and her husband, John Doran. Sarah was born 1835 in Carlisle and John Doran was born 1829 in Carlisle. I've never been able to find marriage records for them, as a result don't know Sarah's last name. They may have married prior to the birth of their first child, Ann, she was born in Carlisle, 1859.
I've never been able to find when John Doran died, my guess is he died in Carlisle as his wife remained living there with some of her children. The last census record I could with John still alive was 1891.

Any help filling in the gaps would be most appreciated.
Featherstonhaugh; Doran; Murray; Gray

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah and John Doran
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 March 13 17:55 GMT (UK) »
A possible marriage?

December qtr 1862
Whitehaven district    vol 10b, page 811

Doran, John
+ and on the same page +
Sloan, Sarah
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah and John Doran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 March 13 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
FreeBMD lists a death of a John DORAN 1895 Whitehaven 10b 415 Dec Qtr, aged 66. Yours?
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway