Author Topic: LADELL (CAMPLING) Family, West Ham  (Read 19877 times)

Offline Jean M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
LADELL (CAMPLING) Family, West Ham
« on: Monday 06 June 05 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hello searchers

I am following a trail for Richard and Ann LADELL, her maiden name was CAMPLING Both born in Norwich, Norfolkca. 1830

Living in Essex by 1900.
West Ham and Leyton locations.
Proprietors of a tobaccanists

Is anyone working on these family names? I would be pleased to exchange history details.

Jean M

Barrett. Buggs. Burgess. Curd. Edwards. Hadlow. Ladell, Lawrence. Parvin. Pearce. Ramsden. Ring. Lancaster.  <br /><br />Ackers. Bennett. Coppin.

Offline andys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LADELL (CAMPLING) Family, West Ham
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 June 05 06:09 BST (UK) »
Dear JeanM

Richard Stephen LADELL , son of Robert Stephen LADELL and Susannah TILLETT Married Nov 12th 1826 Norwich, St Peter Mountergate.
 Robert died Islington 1857
 The 1881 Census shows "Susan"LADELL in the Balham Workhouse , she died in that same year-according to BMD.

I am not sure who is the father of Robert LADELL.

Are you a relative of this branch of the LADELL family?.  My wife is a LADELL  hence my interest.

I have a family tree for Richard S LADELL- not sure who compiled it.

Andys

Offline Jean M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 June 05 09:08 BST (UK) »
Dear Andys

Your reply is much appreciated.   I have the dates of Kate Anne LADELL* 1855-1945 = Frederick HADLOW 1851-1923 (Frederick Hadlow was my gt grandfather, maternal line) 

Kate Anne Ladell's father Richard S. LADELL b. Norwich ca. 1830.

I would like to find a link to Kate's siblings and  so far I have these,  all baptised in Norwich.

Henry Robert b. 1853
Kate Anne 1855*
Minnie Sophia 1857
Frederick Samuel 1860
Maud Victoria ?
Arthur 1863
Emma M 1865
Alice Maud  1873

Would be pleased to forward a  ged.file to you and receive anything further that you know of LADELL family.

Jean M

Barrett. Buggs. Burgess. Curd. Edwards. Hadlow. Ladell, Lawrence. Parvin. Pearce. Ramsden. Ring. Lancaster.  <br /><br />Ackers. Bennett. Coppin.

Offline RitaM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 July 05 10:58 BST (UK) »
Greetings

You may be interested in the following detail.  A Richard Ladell and a Sarah Ladell were both witnesses to the marriage of my ancestor William Cross on 7 January 1773 in Sprowston & Beeston, Norfolk.

Interestingly, William,s great grandchild, Rosa, married Arthur Campling about 1870.

Hope this adds to your knowledge base.

RitaM

Offline Jean M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 July 05 11:26 BST (UK) »
Greetings RitaM

Your info received on LADELL's is much appreciated.  A bigger picture beginning to appear with recent help.  The trail for the CAMPLING link is also emerging - so your message doubly welcome.  Will keep in touch.

best wishes
Jean M

Offline RitaM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 July 05 11:48 BST (UK) »
Hello again Jean

Further to our recent messages, I have just been looking a little closer for the Ladell link to my family.  I find that my ancestor, Ann Davy, had a sister Sarah who married a Richard Ladell of Rackheath on 12 October 1772.

Regards
RitaM

Offline Jean M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 July 05 12:29 BST (UK) »
Hello RitaM

Good to hear from you.  That is very interesting news.  I am just deciphering a Will for Richard Ladell of Postwick, Norfolk.  written 1816 and administered in 1823.  Jane, his widow is the beneficiary and a mention of a freehold property in Bofield, Nr Norwich.

Do you know anything of Richard and Jane?

best wishes
Jean

Offline margaretedah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 31 July 05 11:53 BST (UK) »
Dear Jean M

I have been researching the Ladell families of Norfolk for some years, so it was with great interest that I found your enquiry.

Acording to my notes, Richard Stephen LADELL married Ann Campling FOULSHAM ON 16 Febuary 1851 at St.Augustine, Norwich.

The 1851 census shows both of them at Church Lane (St Saviour's parish) Norwich.
Richard Ladell.  Head. Married. age 21 Warehouseman for shawl manufacturer, born Norwich.
Ann Campling Ladell, Wife, age 20, born Norwich.

Because RichardStephen is not on my direct line (as yet) my information on him is limited however, my next note at the time of the 1881 census shows him at 517 Hackney Rd, Bethnal Green (parish of Christ Church, Hackney) together with Ann C, son Arthur N, and daughters Emma M and Alice M.

I also have a brief outline of his will (he died 28 Dec. 1887 at Banstead Surrey, showing one of the exectors as his eldest son Richard Foulsham Ladell of Norwich.

I can follow the son Arthur Norman's line down to the present day and know personally,  Richard Stephen and Ann's great grandson Brian John Ladell who lives about five miles from me.
I do have other information on this family, and would welcome exchange and additional info.

I research LADELL, back from my mother in law Betty Ladell who is the last Ladell of her line which although deeply rooted in Norfolk somehow landed in Colchester around 1870.

Is any of this of use to you?.  If so I will be glad to hear from you.   M.
Ladell,   Travess,

Offline Jean M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 31 July 05 12:24 BST (UK) »
Dear Margaret

Delighted to receive your message this morning and hear of the link to the
LADELL family. The filed messages show some of the progress.  There has been several jumps forward.  I shall be pleased to forward details and exchange further with you.   

Jean M