Author Topic: LADELL (CAMPLING) Family, West Ham  (Read 19879 times)

Offline margaretedah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LADELL (CAMPLING) Family, West Ham
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 May 06 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi.

Hope this helps.  Regards M

Caroline Elizabeth Cross married Richard Henry Ladell 1873

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Ladell,   Travess,

Offline DrJRS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 May 06 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hello,

It is amazing what you have discovered! I am very grateful to be shown this. If therer is anything I find I will post it immediately. All good wishes. Dr.JRS.

Offline margaretedah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 May 06 22:48 BST (UK) »
Dear Dr JRS
Its not really amazing, just a collection of facts recorded over 10 years or so.  I've  almost a thousand people on my LADELL families database and still adding to it.  I particularly interested to tracing/joining the families up prior to 1750 and its not proving easy.    Happy hunting   M.
Ladell,   Travess,

Offline Jean M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 18 May 06 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret

I have been catching up with the recent exchanges.  I shall be pleased to forward  the 1861 census of Bristow Road to Dr John RS. 
Do you need a further copy? 

Jean

Barrett. Buggs. Burgess. Curd. Edwards. Hadlow. Ladell, Lawrence. Parvin. Pearce. Ramsden. Ring. Lancaster.  <br /><br />Ackers. Bennett. Coppin.

Offline margaretedah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 18 May 06 14:28 BST (UK) »
No thanks Jean, I still have the information your kindly sent before.
Please be aware that I have today been "told off" about posting a copy   of the 1881 transcription (that I cut and pasted from my LSD disks.
So it may be best to type it out from your copy.  Sorry to be have to be such a spoil sport.  Happy hunting.   Maggie.
Ladell,   Travess,

Offline Jean M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 18 May 06 16:15 BST (UK) »
Dear M

Thank you for your message. It is so very easy to be carried away with the enthusiasm.  The  reminder to be careful when forwarding data is much appreciated. 

Jean M
Barrett. Buggs. Burgess. Curd. Edwards. Hadlow. Ladell, Lawrence. Parvin. Pearce. Ramsden. Ring. Lancaster.  <br /><br />Ackers. Bennett. Coppin.

Offline cjfc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 17 January 10 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Searchers

I am looking for descendants of William John Simpson LADELL (born c 1854/5 in Walsinghan co Norfolk, son of Richard Ladell and Elizabeth Agatha (Simpson)).  He was a Surgeon and was living in Islington in 1901.  He married Charlotte Bertha Catherine Jacoby in 1877 and their known children were
Ernest William Julius Ladell 1878
Sarah Bertha Violet c 1880
Robert George McDonald 1881
Doris Elizabeth M 1884
William R S 1887
Francis Herbert H 1888.

William senior died 1915 aged 60.  My connection is through Charlotte Bertha.

Thanks for help.

Offline andys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 18 January 10 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Dear cjfc

I have been in contact with decendants of your branch of the Ladells.

If you could email me on stewartandy2@aol.com I will give you the details.

All the best             Andys

Offline NOTYAL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I wonder,  are you still actively engaged in researching the LADELL family in Norfolk? By chance, I came across a Sarah LADELL, mentioned in the Will of Charles LAYTON, squire of Cantley & Reedham, who died in 1823. He was born about 1775 at Clippesby and was never married. But there appears to have been some sort of relationship between him and Sarah which broke down, as private letters were mentioned and he wished to nullify an agreement to settle £60 per year on her!

I am still wrestling with the text's difficult handwriting, but eventually I may be able to quote more precisely. Was this Sarah the daughter of Robert & Sarah  LADELL, baptized 27 May 1781 at Gimingham? Any information on her would be much appreciated.  It all smacks of Jane Austen...

Ian