Author Topic: anyone looking for information about Chapman, Payne family Chingford Essex 1910-  (Read 1959 times)

Offline dooly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
hi all .. i have just come across a huge collection of postcards from the Chapman & Payne family .. a lot pre first world war and milatery interest.
a lot are posted to flo (florence) Chapmen - later Payne from George Payne (her husband) who started sending them before they were married when away at camp as a member of the territorial army (C1910) then other camps and on active duty in france
a lot posted to 5, Alpha road old church hall Chingford Essex (after married)
Pre marriage were sent to Mrs Chapman Near Railway gates, Chingford hatch Essex

also he was sending them as CPl G W Payne Regt No 15 1st field co 1st london division RE oxney farm Bordon Hants once he was taken into the army for WWII

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: anyone looking for information about Chapman, Payne family Chingford Essex 1910-
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi dooly

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Are you offering these photos to proven descendants as you don't mention why you are posting?

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline dooly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: anyone looking for information about Chapman, Payne family Chingford Essex 1910-
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 March 13 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi dooly

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Are you offering these photos to proven descendants as you don't mention why you are posting?

Dawn
hi i am offering digital free copy's to interested / family before i sell them as they may not have a picture of there relative from this period , there are over 1000 of them and were picked up at a local auction room and because there are a lot of army ones they will probably be sold to a number of people and the relatives may miss out on them which is such a shame.
all the best

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 March 13 20:42 GMT (UK) »
My mum's aunt married a Chapman in Canada around the same time, shortly after they both immigrated here, so I was curious (since the aunt's family was from Essex) and your post prompted me to dig into his ancestry (he was born in the mid-1880s as well), just in case he was a relation of Florence. ;)

But no, he wasn't from Essex, I find, so my cousins don't hit the family photo jackpot here.

Florence M Chapman was the daughter of Ambrose Chapman and Julia Wiffen who married in Braintree reg dist in 1870. Good distinctive names! They are in several Anc'y/Mundia family trees; none that I looked at have details for Florence beyond her birth 1885 Chingford so they are not likely closely related to the Chapman household.

HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline dooly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
My mum's aunt married a Chapman in Canada around the same time, shortly after they both immigrated here, so I was curious (since the aunt's family was from Essex) and your post prompted me to dig into his ancestry (he was born in the mid-1880s as well), just in case he was a relation of Florence. ;)

But no, he wasn't from Essex, I find, so my cousins don't hit the family photo jackpot here.

Florence M Chapman was the daughter of Ambrose Chapman and Julia Wiffen who married in Braintree reg dist in 1870. Good distinctive names! They are in several Anc'y/Mundia family trees; none that I looked at have details for Florence beyond her birth 1885 Chingford so they are not likely closely related to the Chapman household.

Shame .. just could have been  :-\

Offline Bryandix

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 October 17 04:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Dooley

I am looking for any information that may appear for a Thomas Chapman, a son of Ambrose Chapman and Julia Wiffen who was born in 1871.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards
Bryan