Author Topic: Looking for McKay, Frazier relations from Dornoch, Four Penny st. early1800-1855  (Read 3284 times)

Offline momkow5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The following are my ancestors and would love to hear from anyone who knows of these people. (*)
1841 Scotland Census- Fourpenny, Dornock (civil parish), Sutherland
William McKay, age 40, born Sutherland, Scotland, occupation ag lab
Also:
Lilly Fraser 70
William McKay 40
Jane(Gray) McKay 32
Robert McKay 11
Lilly McKay 9
Leny McKay 7
Andrew McKay 5
John McKay 3
Sarah McKay 3
Margret McKay 1

This is my family's ancestors. In 1855, on the ship Andrew Foster, they would sail for the New York, US and Canada. Saulte Ste. Marie, Onatario and also Saulte Ste. Marie, MI, the UP. They also lived in West Zorra, Oxford and possibly Lambton County, at least the children did. More children that were born to William and Jane were: Georgina, William, James, Mary, Hector, and Jane, an infant in 1855. That is the last record of this family so I don't know if they had more children after that. I think William died in 1873 in West Zorra with Angus being the informant, if I have the correct William Mckay's death record. Need to verify this.
I don't know when Jane died, although I know her maiden name was Gray. Andrew McKay, one of the sons and my g,g grandfather, was the first Reeve of Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. in 1871. After his wife's death (Mary Jane Walt was his wife) who died in 1899 in Dafter, MI of typhoid, He, Andrew, moved to Washington state with several of his children.