Author Topic: ELLEN JONES b. PWLLHELI 1860  (Read 6493 times)

Offline djtreacle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ELLEN JONES b. PWLLHELI 1860
« on: Thursday 14 March 13 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Dear All,
I am planning a trip to North Wales immenently and I am wondering the best way to find out about my ancestor Ellen Jones Born Sir g Afon (which I think is Caenarvon) Pwllheli according to the 1911 census (1911 Wales Census Detail: Class: RG14; Piece: 34332; Schedule Number: 236).  Obviously Ellen Jones is a very popular name and I cannot find a birth record for Pwllheli 1860 only one for Deuradaeth, but I can find about 5 EJ's born 1859 in the in the BMB England and Wales.  Is there something I am missing, I dont have a birth date for her, but have details of her marriage cert which is (Festiniog 11b 692 Apr-Jun 1878). Is there another reg district I should be checking in the BMD's and are the NWBMD's complete? I am also finding it difficult to work out where Pwllheli's parish records are kept so I can maybe find a birthdate once I have the marriage cert for Ellen Jones.  The reason I am asking now is that I was told today that I will be contacted by someone about the NWBDM marriage ref ARD/!5/E93 and am unsure if an ordered certificate will reach me before I go as I havent been contacted yet and may not be for at least 5 days.  Any replies regarding any tips or leads I can take on the trip would be gratefully recieved.
Regards
L
Owen, Roberts: Yspytty Ifan
Wright; Clavering Essex
Watts, Barnes: Staines/Chertsey
Allen: Battersea
Nightingale: Battersea

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ELLEN JONES b. PWLLHELI 1860
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 March 13 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Am I getting the wrong impression in your message?You write as if she doesn't marry?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline djtreacle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 March 13 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi William
I didn't intend for the post to appear as if she never married as I stated that EJ was married and cited references to that certificate.  She married John Hughes in 1878.
Regards
L
Wright; Clavering Essex

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 March 13 22:04 GMT (UK) »
There are three births of an Ellen Jones in the Pwllheli district in the Jan/Feb/Mar quarter and four given in the Oct/Nov/Dec quarter in 1860.Such births found on Free BMD.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 March 13 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

A possible:

RG9/4303/13/19
Denbigh Street, Llanrwst
Richard Jones, 25, iron moulder, b. Caernarvon Town
Elizabeth, 20, b. Pwllheli
Ellen Jane, 1. b. do

Baptism, Denio,  3 Nov 1859
Ellen Jane Jones d/o Richard and Elizabeth

Denio: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CAE/Denio/index.html

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline djtreacle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 March 13 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes I really wanted it to be that the Richard Jones record and got a fair bit further back, however as you can see from the sheer number of births on the BMD kindly supplied by wrjones I dont think I can run with this record until the Records office contact me about the marriage cert ARD/15/E93. Also another family has gone back with the Richard Jones Caenarvon reference and it appears they all including their Ellen Jones left for Bolton in the 1880's, and my Ellen Jones was very much festinog bound until 1911.  Do you know where the parish records for Pwllheli are kept, is it Bangor or Caenarvon as I have read online they are kept at either place and then when checking if they do  do Pwllheli was not on their lists.  The Gwynedd FHS doesnt keep them either according to their listings which is why i thought I would do a look up request and ask the experts.
Thank you both kindly
L
Wright; Clavering Essex

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 March 13 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Just to say that not all births were registered. It wasn't illegal until  1870s.  One of my families had all the children baptised but none were registered.

Denio was the parish for Pwllheli as far as I'm aware.  See the link that I posted.

You should get the marriage cert.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 March 13 22:19 GMT (UK) »
The records for Pwllheli(Ask for Denio Parish) are held at the Caernarvon Record Office at Victoria Dock Caernarvon.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline djtreacle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 March 13 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant Caenarvon it is then  :)