Author Topic: 103 squadron  (Read 2180 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
103 squadron
« on: Thursday 21 March 13 07:21 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for the origins of James Arthur Keighley who died 1943 and is buried in Uden War Cemetery, Holland

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 103 squadron
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 March 13 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Unusual for CWGC not to have any detail on him.

The only likely birth I can find is James A Keighley b Carlisle, first quarter of 1920, mother's maiden name Jardine.

This leads to a marriage of John L Keighley to Elizabeth D F Jardine in the third quarter of 1919.

That in turn might lead to the 1911 census.....
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 March 13 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Graham

Offline GordonKL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 21:03 BST (UK) »
Graham is spot on!

James Arthur Keighley was my uncle.  He was shot down during a night raid on Cologne in 1943 and is buried in Uden in the Netherlands.  I remember visiting the grave with my parents over 30 years ago.  James was the eldest of 4 children, the others being John (Jack), Florence (my mother) and Elizabeth.  Jack and Elizabeth both married and emigrated to Canada in the mid 60s.  My mother still lives in the UK.

My grandparents are deceased, John Lackenby Keighley died in December 1943 (Hodgkin's Lymphoma) and my nana died in 1993 (old age).  1943 was a tough year for the family!