Author Topic: Book: THE BENNETT STEAMSHIP COMPANY OF GOOLE  (Read 6304 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Book: THE BENNETT STEAMSHIP COMPANY OF GOOLE
« on: Thursday 21 March 13 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, while researching my maternal GG Grandfather, Captain William Denby of Goole (with the wonderfull help of rootschatters) I have discovered a book by the GG Grandaughter of John Bennett, the founder of the Bennett Steamship Company.

The book is titled "Asleep In The Deep" and is a history of the company, the book looks to be a real treasure and could be of use to any rootschatters with an interest in the company or Goole area.
If you would ever be interested in the book let me know and I will put you in touch with the Author, Mrs Diane Brian.

Best regards always.
Frank
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline KnightHunter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Book: THE BENNETT STEAMSHIP COMPANY OF GOOLE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Frank,

I believe my 2nd Great Grandfather ran the Bennett Steamship company, and I'd really appreciate it if you could put me in touch with Mrs Diane Brian.

Kind Regards

Susan

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 October 14 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue, welcome to RootsChat, you will need to make 2 posts in total so that you can receive a "Personal Message"

RootsChat does not allow Email addresses to be shown, this is to stop the sending of any spam etc so if you reply to this post, (just say OK or something), and then make one more post, I will be able to send you the Email address of Diane.

Regards.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline KnightHunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 October 14 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Frank,

Thank you for responding.  I found Diane's contact details elsewhere and spoke to her this morning.  We're second cousins, and she's sending me a copy of the book.  I can't wait to find out all the family gossip.

Kind Regards

Susan

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 October 14 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan, That's a result then  :)

Glad you're sorted, it's a great read.

Regards
Frank.

Offline lbennett95

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 January 18 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I also believe that I have a distant connection to the Bennett shipping line and was wondering if I could get Mrs Diane Brain's contact details. I think that my GG grandad was the son of the founder but worked for a rival shipping company.

Thanks

Lewis

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 January 18 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Ibennett95, welcome to Rootschat, I will try to find the contact details, in the meantime the book is available here.

http://www.thesouthferribymarina.co.uk/chandlery/asleep-in-the-deep/

Regards
Frank.